Wednesday 20 May 2020

A blergh day

A couple of nights ago I went to bed early, feeling a bit blergh. Just a bit not okay really. There was nothing wrong with me, I didn't have the sniffles, nor a headache (two weeks and counting, yay), I was just a bit ... oh you know... blergh.

I might have gone to bed early, but I didn't sleep well. I woke up every so often, having to visit the bathroom. Or I was hot. Or not comfortable. And when I finally got up, I didn't really feel like doing anything at all. It was my turn to cook, but it wasn't going to happen, so my mum made dinner instead. 

I posted about it online. And somebody asked me why I had a blergh day and this is what I wrote (translated into English): It's just... I want to go to work, I want to see people and I am totally fed up with the 1,5 meter rule. So...

I think a lot of people will feel like this. Just fed up with it all. And platitudes like 'people who have Corona are literally fed up' don't work. I know that. I know people who live alone (like my sister in NI) have it even harder. They speak only to people through a line, not even face to face. I can talk and touch. 

But that doesn't mean I don't feel blergh. Or that me feeling blergh is to be pushed aside with platitudes or well meaning nothingnesses. I just had a bad day, feeling the situation was getting a bit much.

I wasn't the only one feeling a bit blergh yesterday, although it didn't start out that way. Miss Oswin was out and about and enjoying her freedom. And then she came in to show us what she had caught. A little great tit. Alive as well. Only young, too young really. A bit like last year (read more here). But we rescued it, it fluttered a bit (no flying just yet) and in the end it disappeared under the hedge, from where it disappeared altogether. Hopefully not in some other cat's stomach!

7 comments:

  1. It's okay to feel a bit off during this crazy time. I feel lucky that social isolation (which is what we are really doing) has never been a problem for me. I still see some friends a couple times every week through Zoom meetings where we all sit and knit or crochet and chat about all sorts of stuff. I hope your days to come will be better and soon we will all be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I get it. Blergh days are 100% okay. There is definitely a wave of "quarantine queasiness" starting to drown folks. Even those of us who actually enjoy solitude need the uplift of face to face contact every now and then. I do think that, there will be more and more incursions upon the 'rules of non-engagement', as witnessed outside my window this very day. The sun is out, the temps are reasonable and families want to meet up... The policemen whooper their whooper and gave them a gentler reminder. Hey ho... Hope the Blerghs don't linger for you (and that the unfledged chick found its parents). YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up blergh. I agree with what you're saying. I could say I feel blergh. I hope the little birdie is okay. Take care, praying things get better for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our distance is 2 meters. See? It could be worse. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ghostwriter has those kind of days. She's been working so much that on her rare days off, she's too tired to do much but have a blergh day.

    Hope the little birdie is going to be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blergh. My version is that green wiener feeling. That feeling you get when you go to get the last wiener for a meal and it has turned green. I get kinda mad, then kinda sick looking at it. Know I have to throw it away and think us something else to eat. Dang it, I just wanted a hot dog. Blergh. I like that even better. BTW I looked up klem in Dutch. I did not mean the same as Norweigen klem. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it does and it doesn't. When it means tighten that it is the same. But as a hug, it only means that in Norwegian. In Dutch it would be knuffel. Which is also the term used for a stuffed toy.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!