Friday 24 May 2019

Miss Oswin gets excited

Miaow

Well, finally! I have wanted to tell you about what's happening to me for about 87 days now. Don't worry though: nothing bad has happened. To me...

First things first though. I am allowed to go out nearly every day. Sometimes I stay out all day, not coming back until it's dark, other days I come back in all the time. You have to keep two-leggers on their toes you know! 

A few feathers and some down
One day I came back and Mara petted me and said: not good! So, I stayed quiet while Mara figured out what was wrong. It was a tick! Yuck! But Mara and Oma removed it and I have been completely okay.

The other day though, I was allowed out and was having a grand time and when I came in, I had something else with me: a baby bird! And I was not going to let go. Mara and Oma were quite devious however and in the end I was locked in the kitchen with Oma and Mara did something to the bird. 

When I was let out of the kitchen again, she said the bird was alive, but there were some feathers missing and there was some blood. I wasn't allowed outside again to give the birdie a chance. The rest of the day Mum Dad was chirping and chirping and chirping to get her young to follow her. The following day I was let out again and immediately Mum Dad started chirping again. Until I went in and Oma shut the door. Mara says she thinks the bird has survived and is recovering from the ordeal. 

Today I am not allowed to go out though. And they used the sucky thing as well. I had better rest up for my next adventures then...

The left side was caught between the jaws of doom (Miss O's teeth)
but it was taking food (worms) and fluttered up a few branches afterwards

9 comments:

  1. Hari om
    Well, well, Miss O. It seems you have been settling and are making your mark!!! Do please be sure to enjoy adventures with less flesh and bone though!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think the young has survived. It had already left the nest and even though there was still a bit of down, it was already covered in black feathers as well. Dad was not happy with Miss O though: chirping all day long!

      Delete
  2. We have lots of baby birdies around here now. I used to catch them (one year I caught a total of 8 of them!) Well, I am a bird dog, you know. Now I leave them alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to catch mice and Mara never said anything! I didn't take them inside though, perhaps that's what I did wrong....
      Miss O

      Delete
  3. Wow Ms. Oswin life is exciting there at Oma's. Sounds like you are keeping them hopping too. AS it should be
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Oswin, you are looking fabulous! All that fresh air is so good for the fur. Not so much the tick, though. Glad Mom Mara and Oma removed it. Now about the birdie, you really will not like the feathers. They tickle going down and coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She never got to try the bird. We rescued it before she could try eating it...

      Delete
  5. Bad girl, however I know you can't help yourself. It is a natural instinct. We had a dog once who brought a bird in the house and ran behind the sofa and ended up swallowing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave up to save birds, anyway there are very little here, the magpies and craws took care of them ! so they concentrate on mice and bring them home alive. Oswin you should try that, to see Mara's and Oma's reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!