Tuesday 7 May 2019

Pills

For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, you will know I always suffer from headaches and migraines. Yes, the two are different and yes, I do suffer from both versions. And very much yes, I am fed up! Or should I say was...

Because about two months ago now, I got medication to prevent any migraine attacks. Which meant that in the first two weeks I had an attack! Not good. At All! But since then, I have been relatively fine. 

Yes, I have been getting headaches, but I nearly always know the cause (wind and sun, too little to drink, too little sleep) and either with removing the cause or taking a couple of paracetamol if needed, they pass. 

Then on Saturday I had a headache. One of those that would stick around for three days usually. I took two paracetamols and left to do my thing. And then in the evening I took another two as the first two hadn't helped and about two hours later: no headache!

It's only two months in. I have another two months' worth before having to have my second evaluation with my gp, but so far: I am happy and should have done this years ago! 

11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Keeping everything crossed for you that a balance has been found at last! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have written this post too soon...

      Delete
  2. Sue had a migraine this morning. Fortunately, they only last for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear that you have, hopefully, found something that will help you with your headaches and migraines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people say paracetamol (aka acetaminophen or Tylenol) doesn't do anything. But it does actually help. My ghostwriter takes it before she goes to work for her bad knee and it helps a lot. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help, but only in the milder cases (for me anyway).

      Delete
  5. Mara I'm clapping for joy being pain free is a BIG deal
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive vibes and hoping you are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your migraine. I know a few people who gets them and it just puts them in bed.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to hear that it seems to be working out for you. I can't imagine living with your issues of migraines and headaches.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!