Tuesday 28 May 2019

Nooooo!

I dropped people off here, but never got to visit...
On Saturday I had to work. Something that happens on occasion (well, more often than that really, but that's not the point). I had finished and I had parked my coach where it was supposed to be. I went inside, hung up the keys, had a small break, had my digital time card read and realised I had left my lovely blue bottle on the coach. 

I grabbed the keys to the coach and the entrance pass and left the building. I opened the coach, found my bottle, closed and locked the coach and opened the door to the ... I didn't open the door to the building. I had taken my digital time card instead of my entrance pass! Oh no. 

It was Saturday. The company is located on an industrial estate where not much happens on a Saturday evening. My phone, my car keys, my house keys, well basically everything was in the building. I. Was. Not. 

Fortunately I saw a gentleman at an other company on the same estate and he was willing to lend me his phone. The only number I knew off by heart was my colleague. Who would phone somebody to come and help. Or better yet, I could try and gain entrance through the ambulance services that are in the same building. If I couldn't, I had to ring him back. 

I knew I had to be on the other side of the building. So, that's where I went. Ah, a gate. I walked the other way around. Yet another gate. I then had to walk all the way around the outer perimeter of the building to get to where I wanted. I rang the doorbell, explained the situation and five minutes later I was reunited with my things. 

Lesson learnt: look at what kind of card you take with you. Or better still: take the whole lot with you!!

10 comments:

  1. You got some unwanted exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari om
    Okay, I can feel this in a small degree... the other day my "opal" card wouldnt work on the bus. Frustrated I told the driver there is definitely money on it what yo do???

    Try not using your Visa, perhaps?

    Ah...
    YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, all those cards can be quite confusing.

      Delete
  3. Isn't amazing how we don't learn phone number. When we were in school we were expect to learn certain numbers in Kindergarten. Like your basic emergency numbers.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed somebody from work and there was fortunately one number I knew, otherwise I would have been in trouble!
      I do know my parents' number and a friend and that is it.

      Delete
  4. You got your bottle back and then had an adventure to get the rest of your stuff back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we've all done something like that some time or other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I would have panicked! So glad that all worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness for a person with a cell phone. Locked out of home or car before the days of portable phones was a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to climb through some windows in the past...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!