Monday 4 May 2020

A new week

My sister scrambling down somewhere
As a new week begins and we will start to empty my parents' bedroom ahead of the new carpet come Friday, I thought I wouldn't bore you too much with that, instead showing photos of holidays and trips I have had over the years. 

My sister reading in the car
My main traveling partner over the past few years has been my sister Gera. When I returned home in 1994 after a 5 year stint abroad, she was no longer the annoying little sister, but a reasonably okay late teen, turning into a great adult. We have had several trips together and over the past few years we try to do one trip at least.

My sister on the beach
Our first trip however was a trip to Wales, partly to be present at my goddaughter's baptism in England as well. We took my little red car and drove and saw and enjoyed. Of course we had little altercations (why she couldn't find the place we were heading for on the map of Wales in under three seconds is still beyond me), but on the whole we had a great time.

Me and my goddaughter, she is 25 now!
So, because we can't be on our holiday this year, some memories of bygone years. Starting with that trip to Wales...

8 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Excellent use of archives, I say!!! Lovely memories, old piccies. Thanks for choosing to sharing them with us. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were mostly indistinct and if they were more distinct they were of my sister. The ones with my goddaughter (I have several) are the only ones of me during that whole trip!

      Delete
  2. It does seem like a good time to reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet memories of the trip gone by. I love the photo of you and your Goddaughter.
    2020 will go down in history as the year the world took a
    stay-cation all at the same time.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great memories of your past travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good time to look back on trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are sweet memories. I'm sure you are missing your sister and I know you have had some wonderful trips together. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last photo is precious! It is great to have such good memories. It amazes me how many people have seldom been outside their home state. If we had the funds we would be seeing as much of the world as possible. Hopefully by next year travels will be back on the agenda. Peace, Janice

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!