Monday 7 October 2019

DO NOT CROSS THE ROAD

That is a sentence I have been telling people on the bus a lot the past couple of months and during the past week, I have been able to use it again. So, how was it? 

Well, the first day I was absolutely exhausted, even with a short shift. After that I sort of got into it a bit more and I wasn't as tired. Yesterday was my first day on a long shift and that went well as well. I did get them to change today's shift to a short one though. Especially as I had two long shifts coming up tomorrow and the day after (that has been changed now for some reason: tomorrow off). 

In other work related news: I knew the contract was only until the end of this month, but a week and a half ago it became a big slap in the face: the contract would be finished by October 31st. I was just so happy to be at work when I accepted, that I never thought about what would come afterwards. Well, I am thinking about it now and am no nearer to the answer than 6 months ago!

I have enquired at the place where I thought I might end up, but they don't have any vacancies. Well, either that or they don't want an expensive driver and opt instead for a driver who has only had their license for a few months and starts at the bottom of the pay grades whereas I am at the top. I will get in touch with my contact at the temping agency and see what she has to say for herself regarding a job for me. 

First a good thing though: a trip to Rome coming up later this week. I am really looking forward to it and even though I have to be a bit savvy with money, I should be okay as flights, accommodation and excursions are all paid for already. There is plenty left to pay for (food springs to mind), but I did save for it as well. 

So, that's it. My first week back at work went well, my trip is coming and in the mean time I keep knitting! 

12 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Aw heck... putting energy into the ether for you getting the next great job! How lovely to have the Rome trip all organised and there to lift spirits!

    Is that lady up top a cheese maker??? Something about the pic says cheese to me. (I do have weird things said in my head at times!) YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lady up top IS a cheese maker. A Mozzarella cheese maker to be precise. So, go with the weirdness!!

      Delete
  2. I didn't remember that your job is temporary. I hope something works out for you in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my ghostwriter went back to work after her knee replacement, she said it felt like her leg went through a meat grinder! But gradually things got better. Good luck with your job, and have a great trip to Rome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy getting back to work after several weeks of inactivity. Fortunately my return was okay this time, but I remember from last time, it took several weeks!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are back at work albeit for such a short time. Enjoy your holiday and I hope a more permanent position awaitsyou soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Although being back at work doesn't actually mean I am working! I am only a temp and people who work for the company itself get first chance. Ah well, holiday, holiday, holiday...

      Delete
  5. We're glad to hear you are doing well after going back to work. Have fun on your vacation and we hope you find another job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about the end of your job but hopefully you will be employed quickly. Have fun in Rome. Who is going with you... your sister????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes I guess I might not have remembered it was a 6 month contract either. Were you filling in for someone who was out or just during tourist season? I'm happy you feel up to your exciting trip.
    Miss O I giggled to at your meat caper
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really annoying that you have to leave your job ! Can only get better ! I wish you good luck ! But first comes Rome that will you do good ! Hope you will have nice weather ! Don't give my regards to the pope !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like things have improved for your health. That makes dealing with whatever life sends your way much easier. Enjoy Rome.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!