Saturday 6 July 2019

The week that was

Every week I promise myself: I will blog more. And every week I seem to break that promise. Which is annoying to be honest. Mind you, not much happens anyway, but that's got nothing to do with the price of eggs!

So, just a small recap of this past week. Well, my birthday present (which cost me 15 euro) won! Yes, I won the lottery. Okay, it was 5 euro, but still, I won! Not sure yet what I will do with that enormous price though. I might 'invest' it in a new ticket...

The weather finally turned nice. Nothing like boiling saunas and cooking flesh as you touch the metal on your seat belt. Twenty degrees (that's like 68 in weird temperature). It makes it nice to drive the bus as it doesn't get too warm. It makes it nice to do stuff in general. Plus it made it nice to sleep which was a definite plus.

I painted my tootsies! Pink and sparkly...
I moved. Well, I had already moved the week before, but I moved back. Because I live in the attic (no flowers there), it gets a tad hot when trying to sleep. So before the big heat assault last week, I dragged a matress downstairs. As my parents were away on holiday, it was nice and quiet. Well, apart from the frogs and the traffic, but other than that: it was lovely. But with these better temps, I moved back up. 

Speaking of moving: no. Nothing yet. The thing is, the only real option I have is going housing corporation. Which means I can get some help with my rent for the first year at least and that my rental agreements offer a lot more security for me. The private market would be possible, but houses may not be well maintained, rent will be higher and tenant protection is much more difficult. The downside of the first option is that I need to build up about 7 years of being registered to actually have a chance of finding a place as so many people are looking. Although sometimes there is pot luck: 150 seekers for one place! I think I will 'invest' in a new ticket...

The fully illustrated HP and the Chamber of Secrets arrived today
A birthday present from my sister
From next week we will (finally) start on a rota. Up until now the rule was that we would know when to work 10 days in advance. What with illness of planners and it being the busiest time of the season, that was impossible. But somebody stepped up and churned out a proper roster which shows us until the end of days which days we have to work and which days we have off. The main downside is that I only have a complete weekend off every SIX weeks. Fortunately it will only last until the end of October.


7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Ah, the end of October is much better than the end of actual days. Temperatures have been similar here and it has been grand. I like your pink sparkly tootsies!!! Definitely reinvest the winnings. It's no further sacrifice and - well - you can't win if you're not in!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of letting the tootsies (and the fingers for that matter) be joined by the hair next week. As in bright pink! Because it's summer!!

      Delete
  2. LOL! I like how you describe our temperatures as weird when all of us in the USA think everyone else has weird temps. Glad to hear the temps are back to normal now for you. We are in our last day of a heat wave with a high temp of 96 (that's 36 in weird degrees ;-) At least we have AC to keep us cool indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in the United States it hard to find affordable housing.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its always good to hear from you
    We hope you're successful in your search for a place to live. Say hello to Miss Oswin for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the win! Sorry about the heat. Your toes look cute and I hope the new schedule works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pity that there were not 3 or 4 zeros added to your win ! Here too it's very hard to find an apartment to a reasonable price. Of course if you pay a lot it's easy !
    Now it's a little too cool ! Only 20° big difference. Thursday I start my tour around the rest of the East countries !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!