Monday 1 July 2019

Going out

Modern garden art
Last Saturday I was going to buy myself a birthday present. And to that end I was going to a small town about 30 minutes away. It was hot. Really hot. As in 'what else can I take off to give me any relief?' hot. There wasn't and I just had to bear it. But going in to shops helped a bit. 

Houses against the town wall. And yes, they are that narrow!
The town is a really lovely town, all cobbled streets and pretty houses and once you got one street away from the center, quite quiet. In the center there was a shanty-choir thing going on, which meant there were plenty of choirs showing off their art. 

The residence/warehouse/Jewish school is now a museum
Even though it's a fairly small town, there are plenty of things packed in: a large church, a former Jewish school, an orphanage, a convent. Although granted, some of those things were re-purposed. I saw my new favourite house, tried not to twist my ankle on the cobbles and took refuge in the large church for a while (see yesterday's post). 

After a couple of hours, I made my way back to my car and home. And the gift? Well, if the numbers fall my way... (I bought a lottery ticket in the end).

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    That's as good a self-pressie as anything. Plus seeing all that old beauty in your home-place! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been there before and will definitely be back. Plus one lady in a shop told me about a museum in another town close by that I really want to see!

      Delete
  2. What a quaint place to visit. And now I know what that choir was all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a pawsome place to visit
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place. Too bad it was so hot out. But my ghostwriter always says, at least it's not snow and ice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been worse! Although you can dress for cold, not so much undress for warm!

      Delete
  5. We don't go out after Noon here. The 3 H sisters are company I'd like to throw out.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to visit. We have our paws crossed that your numbers will come up and you will strike it rich.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!