Thursday 25 July 2019

A bigger update

I have to start with Miss Oswin of course. Who is being stubborn and not wanting to use the plastic pellets at all. However, she needs to, because I have to collect another sample to take to the vet's to get checked. 

She was off her food (starting before she got her first dose of meds) and even her treats, but after a couple of days she seemed to be feeling a bit better and started eating again. I had given her plenty of wet food, always mixed with a bit of water as well and she would get her syringe of meds and then a syringe of water. No food is one thing, but no water was very much not good.

Back in 1992, when I was used to very hot
Especially as the temperatures were going up. And up. And up. Yesterday a nearly 75-year old record was broken as the highest temperature ever was measured. Well, since measuring began anyway! They are expecting it to go even higher today. Close to 40 degrees. Body temperature sits around 37, so you can imagine it's a bit warm...

The temperatures are expected to drop as of Saturday, but not by much. It will still be hot. Just not very hot! And they will stay very warm to hot for some time. Joy.

When I was at work the other day my mother took a phone call. The gynaecologist had an opening and would I be interested. After some detective work from my mother regarding the work rota I have, she accepted. Which means that on Tuesday I will see the gynaecologist regarding the endometriosis and the pill. 

In other health news: I decided to skip the walking this week. I don't mind walking when it's warm (I did last week), but very hot is another matter that could be very dangerous. Especially as I have some extra weight, am not trained and not used to this weather. So, I will continue again when we are back in regular summer temps.

In the mean time though: ICE CREAMS!

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh that was good getting the 'snap' appointment! May it yield results. (If the aches have been since starting bus driving, that begs another connection - an ergonomic one! Then again, headaches are notorious for being almost impossible to determine if not directly related to a diagnosed condition...sigh... I do not envy you having had so many years of this.)

    As for the heatwave; those in the South of these islands are getting all 'knotty' about records being broken. Meanwhile North of the Border, we are grateful that at least some of it has spilled up our way. Today. And probably only today, but I'll take it! (23'C at the moment...) However, you are being very wise not to walk in such temps. It is certainly dangerous for those who are cavorting in it down South and they may regret it.

    Now then, Miss O... it's time for you to 'go'!!! Huggies both. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She went. Eventually!

      When I lived in Italy I was used to such temperatures and was able to do plenty of things, but now? Just sitting here in front of the computer and I am dripping everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of plastic pelt for cats. But I can see were it would work well for medical reason.
    So far we had one day above 90 or in Celsius 32.2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to her Miss Oswin is eating again. Yes it is hard to walk in such extreme heat. Good luck at your appointment. Yum on the ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good idea to be careful in extreme heat.
    And all the best to Miss O.
    You too of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had some hot weather here too lately. My ghostwriter's comment about the summer heat is, if it's not snow and ice, she'll take it.

    Hope you can keep cool until the weather changes. And we hope Miss Oswin feels better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would prefer the cold to the heat. At least you can dress for cold!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!