Friday 24 January 2014

Weekend

Finally it's the weekend. Lovely weekend. Two whole days off. No alarm clocks (3 if you please), no work. Just me and whatever I want to do. The dishes? Well, hardly necessary since I do them every day now (shock). Cook a proper dinner? I might. Make lolly-pop cakes? That sounds like a good idea. 

I will need to do some serious stuff though: get the basement door a bit better insulated than it is now. A lot of cold air is coming through, which makes it harder for the warmth to stay in. I will need to do something about my car as well: it looks like it has the white measles. I guess the salter came by one evening and my car was too close to the road. 

Other than that I will be working on my Wuppie album and I will try to make some books out of my blog. One for each year, but I will have to do some serious editing. It might take a while. 

For now though: Santa and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy and the Sandman and Jack Frost are fighting the Boogey Man. 

Have a great weekend all!


6 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely work on the door but just as important is that salt. It will eat away your car so go wash it off! Enjoy you two days off......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    sounds like a plan... lollypop cake???? Recipe?????? Happy and productive weekend to you Mara!! YAm xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your down time. We are going to dinner and a movie with the kids -- not the grandkids, our kids. Should be nice, except for coming out of the show into the bitter cold, late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a Wonderful long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously LOVE these new photos of you! (This one, and the one on Facebook, too!) You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of making blogs into books.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!