Friday 26 August 2011

Reliving May

Another case of sinusitis has headed my way and I think I may have been suffering from it for about two to three weeks now. Without actually realising it of course!

It started off with a strange smell emanating from somewhere in my living room. But on closer inspection under the sideboard, behind and under the chair and the sofa, I still couldn't find anything. On top of that, I didn't smell it all the time. But when my friends were here two days ago I smelt it again. My friends didn't! And that's what first gave me the clue.

I thought back to last week when I had a bad case of headaches for two days. When I returned from Germany on Tuesday I really the area below my eyes was really painful and it spread to my nasal area. And then yesterday another case of a severe headache, nausea and slightly feverish. When I spoke to my Mum for a couple of minutes last night (about 67), I promised her I would try and see the doctor, so this morning I got up early to phone and make an appointment. This time I wasn't immediately prescribed anything and actually got to see him.

He checked my blood pressure (good), he checked my ears for fluids (none), he checked my nose and I had to say Aaaa while he looked down my throat. His verdict: light case of sinusitis! I am to use nose sprays to keep my nose open and try to get rid of all the mucus in the jaw cavities, I have to use camomile steam baths for the same reason and I can use paracetamol for my headaches. If by Monday it hasn't helped at all and I am feverish again, I have to phone and I will get antibiotics.

Isn't this fun?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Mara, no fun at all. I've been sick since getting back from our trip. Dick says I'm always sick when we return home, and it's probably too many people in too many planes and airports.
    Glad you got to see a doctor. I hope those things work and you're better soon. What a waste of a weekend.
    Luv — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad ! I know how lousy one feels ! If it doesn't get better you are right ask for antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. Get some rest if you can and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!