Sunday 14 August 2011

Just because

As anyone who has read my blog for a while knows, I love the Eurovision Song Contest. And the other day one of my friends said she had all the songs from 1956 right up to 2005. I think I was drooling when I heard that! Anyway, Pepperfly is a good friend and just before she headed to the warzone commonly known as London, she sent me a cd with all the songs on. And after going through them, I only miss two! Out of more than 1000 songs, I think that is not bad going!

But listening to all those songs (and I don't think I've even heard half of them), produced some real surprises and one of them is this entry from Luxemburg from 1980. It's the original version, in French and if you look closely you can even see the orchestra! Because back in the day, every singer/band also had a live orchestra!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. What a treat for you, all those songs!
    Yes, I remember singers backed by orchestras. It used to be wonderful.
    Hope you are well. We are enjoying our Russian trip now, and have thought of you more than once because we were cruising the canals of St. Petersburg.
    Take care.
    Hi from Dick.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch Eurovision for years but since at least 6 years I don't watch it anymore, it is not the same as it used to be, now they are singers who are already known. No chance for newcomers. I have never heard this song or seen this group !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thirty years has brought about much change in how music is presented to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched but did not understand one word

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Cry, don't know what they were saying but it sure shows what the 80's were like!!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!