Monday 29 August 2011

Canada

1990: while working in Yugoslavia
Don't I look fancy?
I am going to Canada! Of course I have been talking and writing about it for a long time now, but it's finally going to happen. The only downside? It's a return ticket! I will be going for two weeks only and those two weeks are probably going to be cramped full with meetings with hoteliers looking for front desk staff or even waitressing staff (hopefully) and of course sight-seeing. Plus I would hope to be able to meet with a few people who have already moved to Canada. So, it's going to be busy busy busy.

I am looking forward to it though, it will be the very first time ever that I will be out of Europe. It's a good thing I have a new passport: plenty of room for stamps! Mind you, there was plenty of room left in the other one as well, but it was about to perspire aspire retire the one that sounds like that but means going invalid!

I won't be leaving for another month (exactly) and in the mean time I will try and work as much as possible, earning plenty of money. I will also try and get rid of this sinusitis, but that's another story!

10 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Wishing you success. Since the worst of the summer will be over, you won't expire from the heat. Expire, that one. And don't perspire during your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever your future might be, I hope you find some time to really enjoy those two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All RIGHT!! See you next month, one way or the other. Don't have any helpful hints yet but will try to get some before then.
    Very exciting news, except about the return ticket.
    O well, can't win 'em all.
    Luv — Kay and Dick and Lindy

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure in perspective ! Hopefully winter doesn't start too early over there. I think we already have winter here !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo of you. How exciting that you are going for a visit to Canada. Hope you find exactly what you are looking for.
    Going to Europe this year was the first time I left the United States!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with it all Mara. Hope you find time to have some fun too. And if we can help at all, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am confident they will all be fighting over you! I hope you have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so pretty
    seems like a lot of work for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!
    Where in Canada are you going? Maybe we could meet...

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!