Friday 26 August 2011

Aha!

1988: Don't ask me who they are, I just took their photo!
Over the years I have taken lots and lots of photos, starting really when I went on my first holiday alone with my cousin. One week of training through the Netherlands, staying with family and in youth hostels. As the years got on, I got more and more photos and even stuck them in albums. For a while I waned a bit, but once the digital camera arrived I was hooked: I would take a photo of almost anything.

1989: While cycling through Germany I had to take a photo of a German potato field!
Apart from loosing nearly all my digital Ireland photos (which hurt), I still have all those old photos and more importantly possibly: the negatives! And when a colleague of mine had a negative scanner I could have, I was over the moon. Unfortunately his negative scanner was so old, not even internet itself was able to come up with the necessary software. So, I got myself a brand spanking new one!

1990: The night after my first hangover. Ever!!!
It took me a while to actually get going, even though I had plenty of time on my hands, but I finally made a start a few days ago. And the photos I've scanned so far are fantastic! So, I've decided to use them on my blog, even if they have nothing whatsoever to do with what I'm writing about. Otherwise I would never use them at all and that would be such a shame...

PS: the photo of me with the Shetland ponies was taken in Lipica, Yugoslavia (current day Croatia I think) in 1990.

4 comments:

  1. I get into digitzing old photos or slides every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos of you, horses and hangovers notwithstanding.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a huge project but definitely worth it. Love the photos and the header is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. G has put our whole life on an external hard disk multi media (after scanning the old once) which you can connect on TV and so we can see our pictures and videos from the 60th until now ! It's great and these disks are not expensive he got it for 60 € was a promotion. It even has a remote control !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!