Tuesday 25 February 2020

Standing by!

Through all this work, I missed Doctor Who on Sunday!
Just in case there were more people than seats! Famous last words. In the end I hadn't even started my shift yet and I was already on the move. Not to one of the stations we would normally travel to, but a completely different one. I didn't even know they had a station, I had never been there before and the help I got was of the 'haven't you got a satnav?' variety. Well, they do have a station, I have now been there twice and it was easy enough to find. 

Getting back after my second trip, I parked up and settled in. Half an hour later there was a knock on the door: could I do a trip. The regular route please. Off I went. After a couple of hours I got back (I had to have a break as well) and settled in again. Took out the knitting and got stuck into it. And I was able to go for quite a while before again: could I do...

Off I went again. When I got back again, I was about to settle for the last hour and a bit, but this time, there was to be no rest: could I do... Of course, but I wasn't coming back this time! After dropping everybody off, it was straight home for me. I got a yes for that and off I went. 

In the end I was home half an hour earlier than planned, which was fine by me, because even though I had done less driving than during the weekend, I still did some and again in some terrible weather. Today I have a day off and tomorrow's shift has been changed. Originally it started at some dogforsaken hour in the middle of the night. Now it starts an hour and a half later (still yawningly early) and it finishes earlier. Less hours perhaps, but better for me. 

8 comments:

  1. I cannot even imagine driving a bus in good weather much less bad..I'm glad you take your knitting with you...gives your brain a different focus that the road
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be difficult to drive a bus when there is such a strong wind that it shakes ! I hate wind makes me nervous. I drive but my car is a flea against yours I have now a Toyota Aygo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! It seems like there’s either too little or too much of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in high demand! That is job security! You must be very good!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mara does the Netherlands observe DST? Currently we are on standard time and finally it is not dark as Egypt when we wake up; however, next Sunday we start DST and dark again in the AM til
    about 7 am
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the hours continue to work for your best interests! Peace and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only this week, next week it's back to half time/no time. Depending on ???

      Delete
  7. It's always nice to get home early. Glad you were able to work.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!