Thursday 20 February 2020

Getting on

Well, is there a lot to tell? Not really, although some things did happen. First me and my parents went to the cinema. My parents had won tickets (4 in total) to a film of choice and in the first instance it would just be my mum and me. But when we started talking about the film we wanted to see, my dad wanted to come too.

The film we went to see was 'De beentjes van Sint Hildegard' (The Bones of St Hildegard). A Dutch film with a famous (in the Netherlands) comedian in it. A film about promises and life and death. Very recognisable to most people in that room (all about my parents' age I would say). And even though it was a Dutch film, it was subtitled in Dutch as well, as the main characters all spoke in dialect! A brilliant film and if you are Dutch and ever get the chance to see this: DO!

A whole afternoon was spent gathering together paperwork. Not just any paperwork: Norwegian and UK paperwork. Great! Fortunately most of it was on my computer and only needed printing, but some of it is in storage and there is no way I can get to it without getting everything out, which I am not going to do. So, I sent it off with some bits missing, but with an explanation as to why. Hopefully that is enough to convince them that I am truthful.

If they don't believe me on all the official evidence so far, I won't get more than three months' unemployment, ie until early May. If they do believe me, I might get more. Until the new job starts of course. When that is I still don't know yet, but most likely I will get an offer (pay, hours, start date) by early March. At least that's what they told a friend who was also accepted. 

Other than that I have been knitting a lot. The baby's dress is nearly finished and only requires buttons and a label. The accompanying 'knickers' only need one more leg to finish and then the set will be ready. It has nearly cost me my finger though: those needles are thin and sharp!

And while I sat at home knitting, somebody realised I was sitting at home not working and called me: did I want to work? This weekend? Next week? Which in the end meant that this weekend I will be working both days to the extent of some 26 hours in total. Next week I will be working four days to the extent of 40+ hours! Goodness me. 

13 comments:

  1. That movie sounds interesting. Maybe it will come here or be available online where we can see it with English subtitles. That dress is so cute. How nice that you will get some work hours in this coming week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on both the cartoons.
    The baby dress is absolutely gorgeous Mara. You are an extraordinary knitter. Are you making it for someone or will you sale it. I'd love to see the knickers once finished.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful little dress you made. Hope it's for someone special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really at the moment, but I wanted to diversify somewhat in making some other things. Still at the mice as well though.

      Delete
  4. Hari Om
    it is a pretty little outfit indeed!!! Hoorah for the spontaneous work fill-ins. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are long hours though and after only two days I am quite thoroughly fed up already! Not to mention the headache. 26 hours in two days is just too much. It may pay well, but goodness me, I can't wait for the new job!

      Delete
  5. When it comes to administration papers it's hopeless ! Ric gets a pension from Germany and Italy and each year it is a paper war because they don't know computers yet ! He also has to go to the city hall and ask for a certificate that he is still alive !! I wish that everything works well for you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is adorable. Best of luck with the admin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't heard back from them yet saying: you have done something wrong! So, let's hope it continues like that.

      Delete
  7. Paperwork, even if from the computer, is just not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is adorable! You did a great job making it. Glad you went to see a movie. Hope your paperwork is accepted too. Glad you got to work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. $$$$$$$$$$$ may be the root of all evil but the money is what keeps us fed and sheltered. stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am not prepared to go off-grid and grow my own, so I will have to do some work...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!