Saturday 15 February 2020

Greedy

This weekend it's the annual craft fair in my home town. A big doodah with lots of stands that sell things you want. Like yarns. And more yarns. Ooh, and there is another stall with beautiful yarn. 

I had set myself a budget and when that money was gone, that was it. But you know how it goes: another offer you can't refuse. And more beautiful yarn finds its way into your bag. 

It's not as if I don't have enough yarn. The amount I brought from Norway via Northern Ireland is already quite a stash. Although granted, part of that is still in storage, packed away in boxes. But another large part is over here. 

My mum and I visited a store in the autumn and I managed to grab some nice yarns there. Then I bought some yarn in Northern Ireland during my visit to my sister back in December. It was touch and go whether I could take it all with me! 

But, I have started on some of the stash. Of course the mice are an ongoing project, but they don't dent the stash that much. Some of the autumn-bought yarn is now being used, to make a baby's dress no less! 

I will get through my newest stash before I know it probably. Looking at the top photo: there are cottons on the left for two teddies: a brown one and a pink one. There is some wool mix next to that (the round balls) that will make another little baby's dress. 

More cottons (red, black and blue in the bag) for one or two cardigans. Then the two cream yarns are for the mice (their faces). Next to that, are two skeins of Nepalese silk, which will make a beautiful scarf. And the green yarn at the bottom is a lovely Merino. 

You can also see two swatches of fabric. What they will be used for is at this point in time a mystery, but it won't spoil.

11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Okay, I have a wee bit of yarn envy going on here!!! It's like candy to we knitter/crochet gals, right?! I've been indulging in searching out some crochet blogs. Even after 50 years, I find I have a few stitches to learn!!! Am working on a new scarf for myself, back here in the Hutch, as Storm Dennis begins to menace outside... Happy crafting!!!YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked at it and then thought back to the amount of yarn currently at this address and the amount of yarn still in storage, I got a bit shaky: it would fill the bed at least twice, probably three times! I might have to stop buying for now...

      Delete
  2. Mara you have a knitting addiction but AT LEAST that addiction will not get your arrested....that is what I tell myself with all my fabric and I too have lots of yarn. I'm currently (in between quilting projects) working on a continuous Granny sq. afghan using all my partial balls of yarn
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a nice pile of yarn. We can't wait to see all the things you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GW remembers a time when she could never leave a craft store without an armload of yarn. That was quite a long time ago, though when the siblings were still pretty small kids. Good luck on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have that problem now! Although I did resist one yarn, which was very expensive, though beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Are you going to be selling at the craft fair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your fair is now this weekend, I wonder if it will take placed with this storm ! You bought so much yarn (at least it seems to me) you will have enough for your retirement ! I love the Teddy !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Difficult to resist a good yarn. At least it will never go out of date. Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And unless you get a moth infestation that will eat all your wool...

      Delete
  8. A shipment of yarn came to our house last week -- for Sue's 4th peppermint afghan.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!