Thursday 13 February 2020

Amsterdam

Yes, this too is Amsterdam! Overlooking the Minerva Harbour.
Even though I do love driving a coach, there are certain places where I don't like to go. Big cities mainly. So, when the planner called on Tuesday asking whether I wanted to do a shuttle service in Amsterdam I was less than enthusiastic. But he said it would be fine.

Which meant that on Wednesday I made my way to Amsterdam with a nice bus. I got to the train station where I had to be: nobody there. I then made my way to the place I had to shuttle all those nobodies to. Where they told me where to be at the train station. I drove back and lo and behold: somebodies!

It was easy after that. The distance was about 2 miles one way, the passengers (students) were nice and polite and after only two runs I was done. For the time being anyway. I would have to shuttle them back again later in the day and pick up another load of students again.

In the end I shuttled several loads of students back and forth and on my last trip even got to see the center of Amsterdam. It was dark so I didn't see much, but I did see it had changed a tremendous amount since I had last been there. And then I drove the bus home, before driving the van home before driving my own car home and collapsing into bed.

I still don't like driving a coach in Amsterdam though!

6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Nope - but it was work - and presumably paying work...? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paying work. The only day last week. Not sure what the immediate future will hold. I just have to find my P45 and such from the UK to help me get a longer unemployment pay-out.

      Delete
  2. Amsterdam is a nightmare for driving ! Even for walking because of the million bikers who drive around like crazy respecting nothing. Oh yes Amsterdam has changed a lot ! The first time I was there was 2004 or 5 don't remember and I loved it ! Now they have modernized and it is not so nice anymore !! I seldom go downtown when I am in Amsterdam !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That harbor view is very nice. We'd rather see sights like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least it was something to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like driving anywhere in any city -- in a little car, nevermind a bus.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!