Sunday 1 September 2019

To have or not to have

The fire dept cleaning the road after putting out the fire
It's been quiet lately. Not in my life however, plenty has happened since I last wrote. I had a burning bus, my mother celebrated her 70th birthday, there was a choir concert I was attending, but never attended and last but not least, another visit to the emergency doctor.

First the bus. Some oil started burning, I was warned by other road users, I told the passengers to get out and then we waited for the fire department. And that is basically what happened. No panic, nobody got hurt. The passengers got away with a bit of a delay and another bus was found to continue with.

My mother was born a few years ago and celebrated her birthday. They had a company put up a big party tent, they had food delivered and it was a good day. She enjoyed herself, which of course was the most important thing of the day.

My father is a member of a male choir and they were having a concert with two other choirs. I had been roped in to help, but the food I had had, didn't agree with me and I was taken home before the concert even started! I did recover quite quickly, but did not feel on top of my game. This was last Friday.

Yesterday I noticed some blood in my urine and thought: well, the gall stones are coming out and are bothering the urinary tract. I also had a very sensitive area in my stomach that did not seem to get better at all. In fact, that problem had been there since my time in A&E. I did work normally though, working from pain killer to pain killer. 

Today I started again, but as I was completely off my food, I was starting to get quite dizzy. Dizziness and driving a bus don't go together, so I decided the best thing for me was to go home and seek medical attention. Which I did.

The result? No clue as to where the blood in my urine comes from (blood test will be done tomorrow, to hopefully tell more). The stomach area however is another matter. I had done some throwing up when I had those gall stone attacks and I had taken some heavy duty medication as well. Plus the fact that I already ruined my stomach entrance years ago...

The first thing to do now is get my stomach entrance to not be so painful anymore. I have gotten over the counter medication for it (from the emergency gp), but as I probably have to see my regular gp soon anyway, I might have to get a different diet or even medication for it. One way of getting my weight down...

7 comments:

  1. Sound like you handle the bus things like real professional.
    Happy Birthday to your mom.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    yes, pro-work on the bus incident; congrats and greetings to mum; and POTP to you - not comfy!!! I have some sympathy as, it transpires, I have developed Interstitial Cystitis, aka Painful Bladder Syndrome. No kidding, it is like going around with a little blighter stabbing around in the dark with a dirk down there! Nothing to be done about it, apparently. Just grin and adjust. Sigh... I hope yours is resolved asap. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your health problems, and hope you feel better soon. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having more than your share of health issues. I hope they abate soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really going through the mill af the moment. Hope your health starts to improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the bus. Sounds like a nice party. Happy 70th to your mom! Sorry the food bothered you at the concert. So sorry that you are not feeling well. Take care and I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the joys of maintaining our bodies! I think a burning vehicle would be enough to make me ill. Happy birthday to your Mom. She gave the world a very special person in you.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!