Monday 9 September 2019

Mice for Mama teaser

As you know I knit mice. My grandmother made them (around 2,500 of them) and I have been at it for a couple of years now (not even 10% of 2,500 yet). There are however so many other nice things to make as well. Not just knitting, but crocheting or sewing. I am not the best at the latter two, but the knitting is okay. I can do that. 

Back in the winter I was a bit bored with the mice and wanted to make something else. As I was making a few small Christmas tree ornaments, I thought I could adapt one of them into making a nativity scene. 

So I got going. The first I thought of making was Mary, baby Jesus and Joseph. And they looked alright. Next were a king, then an angel. Then I made the rest. A shepherd, more kings. I made several sets in the end. And yes, they will come up for sale on Mice for Mama. In November! Just so you know. 

14 comments:

  1. Mara clapping wildly at your most talented fingers...what a beautiful collection already started for Christmas....LOL
    I made a Christmas quilt already too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    And you know I have dibs on one! Will be watching carefully... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sure lovely. I wish I had more time for crafts and such.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call in sick! Or just do it in front of the television.

      Delete
  4. Your nativity pieces are great. I can't wait to see the whole scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Those are so super cute! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 4 inches high! I was going to make the very first set to sell, but I loved them so much, I kept them for myself.

      Delete
  6. These little dolls are so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are very cute and would make perfect Christmas tree ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would, but I prefer to have them standing in their little group.

      Delete
  8. Good job, Mara. We have a set that was made by my friends late mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two sets now: one that I made back in the '90's and which is about 10 inches high and then this set, which is based on the other set, but smaller: only about 4 inches.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!