Wednesday 11 September 2019

Going back

As I am writing this I am only 15 hours away from having to be in hospital again. Not the same hospital, but another one a bit further away. Apparently the doctors thought it wise to get this gall bladder removed asap, since there are still stones in there that could decide to take the same journey as the ones now removed. I am soon going on a trip to Rome and I don't really want to end up in hospital while on holiday! So different town (half an hour's drive) is much better!

This time it will be more of an operation than last time though. No tube down the throat while under slight sedation (can't remember a thing). This time I will be put under properly and they will make four incisions through which things will be used to remove the gall bladder. That is, if there aren't any problems*.

Once the surgery is over, I will be wheeled to the recovery room, from where I will make my way to the regular room for a one night stay, before I am going home again on Friday. And then I have to get well again to go back to work. Last time it took several days before the 'swimming in front of my eyes' feeling left me and that was only after a slight sedation!

Brom will be coming with me again of course, although I don't think he will be allowed in the operating room. But even at a distance he can provide me with lots of comfort, I know that. 

*Due to the endometriosis, some things might be 'sticking' together and then they would have to properly cut and slice, causing more pain, discomfort and healing time. And yes, that was said by the surgeon I spoke to last week, not of my own invention.

11 comments:

  1. Wish you all the best and un grand sac de merde as the sa y in French !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope everything goes well for you. Sorry you are having such pain and discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it causes the least discomfort possible. Wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pain is there, but bearable. It just all stiffens up all the time. It will pass though.

      Delete
  4. Hari Om
    whilst this is an immediate inconvenience, it really ought to make life going forward just that bit more comfy! I do hope the keyhole version is all you will require. Yes, the anaesthesia is the worst bit for many folk - if you can get hold of Schuessler Silica Tissue Salts, they could help with healing all-round. (Won't affect any other medication - they simply help balance the existing minerals in the body, particularly skin cells and blood, by elimination of material not required.) Sending love and hugs and growlies to Brom! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too many problems with the anaesthesia so far, but am getting quite stiff even from sitting down half an hour. It will get better though. I have never heard of your Salts, but I am getting fed and watered (well, apple juiced) well.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear. Operations are never fun, but it should be good for you long term. Take care, especially afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All paws are crossed that everything went well for you with this operation. We hope you will have a speedy and complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gall bladder surgery, as are many others, are much less invasive than in the past. My friend's gall bladder surgery in the late 1970's left her with a huge scar. Her toddler daughter ask her if it was where she had her golf ball surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the peep hole surgeries are much quicker and much less hassle as well. Mind you, I wasn't far off from the huge gash...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!