Wednesday 18 September 2019

I am still here!

Just to say I am still here. Mending well, although jeans and anything else with buttons is not yet appreciated by my body. I am not in pain as such, it's more like the areas are a bit more sensitive than normal. 

Yesterday was the first time 'out' again. It was nice to see something else again. There is such a big difference in staying at home because you want to or because you need to. And in my case it is definitely the latter. 

I feel fine though. Probably more so than I actually am and my mother keeps telling me not to do this or that. Today I helped with cleaning vegetables/potatoes. Then after dinner, I helped dry the dishes, although I was not allowed to put them in their place: too much turning and such. 

In other things: I have finished one nativity set and am now working on a mouse. The kings and sheep are so small and fiddly, I just wanted something else to make for a day. When the mouse is finished, I will continue with 6 kings and 2 sheep. I also have to think about some special Christmas and possibly Halloween mice. 

That's it from me for now. Just a tiny update...

10 comments:

  1. Good to know you are trying to keep busy without doing too much. Thought about you last week when I finally made it to Belfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have loved to meet up with you, but alas...

      I feel like I could do a lot more, but on the other hand: I do get winded and tired easily.

      Delete
  2. We're glad to hear you are feeling well. Mom's usually know best and she just wants you to heal properly and not overdo it. Your nativity is so cute...well what we can see of it with Miss O in the way. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After my hernia operation, I clearly understand the sensitivity thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you'll be feeling a lot better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mara it is really hard to heal from inside out but that is just about what you have to do and it sounds like you are being very sensible!! I'm so glad you have your knitting to occupy your time
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are improving! I like the nativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are too cute! The very first one I made was meant to be for sale as well, but I couldn't get myself to not keep them. So, they are somewhere in storage.

      Delete
  7. Happy to hear that you are doing well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being at home is the best for healing ! I like Oswin inspecting the nativity set ! Rosie would have played with one of the figures !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!