Monday 8 April 2019

Posting

I was doing pretty well with the whole posting blogs thing. Regularly and to some degree even interesting. Despite not having the most exciting life as I had no job and was basically sitting at home day in day out. Then last week I started a job and from then on: nothing, not even telling you about my first day at the shelter! Tsk tsk.

Anyway, my first week in the job was okay. I didn't hit anything, I was mostly on time, I did my job. Then on Friday night I got a call: could I do an extra job on Sunday? I thought about it and then decided that no, I couldn't/wouldn't. Find somebody else please. 

The yellow bits belong to the cruise ship
They phoned back on Saturday: what about the other job instead of? Well, that was okay. I mean, one of the reasons my life in Northern Ireland wasn't the best, was because I was working long hours. No point in starting to recreate that over here and perhaps getting the same problems again as well. 

Today is a day off though. After 8 days of work (2, one volunteer day, 5) that was quite welcome. This week should be a bit easier with a treat coming up on Saturday, which I am really looking forward to. 

Of course now I still haven't told you about the work in the shelter, nor did I mention anything about getting itchy. Stories for another day...

16 comments:

  1. I fur one can recommend taking plenty of rest and frequent naps, although maybe not WHILE you are driving. Its good to recharge your batteries
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to start as you mean to go on by not making yourself readily available at a moment's notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would prefer the regular thing. Also because it pays better!

      Delete
  3. itchy??? oh no! This ought to be a good one! Glad you are not giving in and working but still taking care of yourself and your limits! HUGS! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite sure I would class it as 'a good one'.

      I have learned my limits and will try and stick to them. No point me getting sick or worse.

      Delete
  4. We're glad to hear your first week of work went well and are looking forward to your other tales when you get the time to tell us about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me driving a bus would seem stressful.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get used to it and it's not so bad really. Just tune out the passengers and think of ice cream!

      Delete
  6. Hari om
    Good that they have plenty work...good that you have learned your limits! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week not so plenty, but bound to be more in the future again. I don't mind not working full time anyway. A bit more freedom is quite nice.

      Delete
  7. I probably couldn't do any blogging at all if I was working. Same with my photo posting elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My ghostwriter works three days a week. But she often gets called in for more. Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't earn enough with three days, but 4 or 5 should be okay.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you have certainly been busy! That's a lot of days to work in a row. Hope that slows down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been checking on the posts. With a cousin visiting it has been busy. Good for you saying no to the long duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably say yes at some point, but I still got over 40 hours anyway!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!