Tuesday 14 August 2018

Done

The stable block, now in use as museum/shop/restaurant
I visited Antrim Castle Gardens last week. I didn't get to see everything, but that was okay. Another time will do nicely. And now we have picked another time as well, although not to see the gardens really. More to visit a festival that will take place there.

When I walked around there I saw this banner for the upcoming 'Spinning Yarns Festival'. After I told my sister and showed her the leaflet I had taken home, she was quite interested as well. Today I booked the tickets. 

And not only the tickets for the festival. Also tickets to make a rag rug wreathe (say it quickly please, several times, doesn't it sound just fantastic?) during the afternoon. It will be a three-hour workshop and I am really looking forward to it. I will have to wait just over two weeks, but still.

In other news, a local theatre group is putting up a musical of 'Little Women', and my sister and I will be seeing that as well. And to top it all off: my parents will be coming in a month's time and staying with my sister or me or both. Not sure yet. 

13 comments:

  1. Wooohoooo...allemaal leuke dingen in het vooruitzicht! Super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, en er is een kleine verandering op komst in mijn huidige baan. Meer als ik meer weet...

      Delete
  2. A yarn festival! Our mom would love to come to that too. Don't buy too much yarn...unless your new apartment has plenty of room for an expanded stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, our Mama would mind going to a Spinning Yarn festival either. Sounds like fun!
    xoxo,
    Arty, Jakey & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun things coming up to look forward to doing.
    I hope things have even out at work
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    That truly looks like fun - and productive. Your meeses were the subject of conversation today with my Canadian visitors - working with fabrick will suit you methinks! Theatre is always a joy. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of fabric that I want to use to make a simple quilt with. One is only Christmas fabrics and then I have pink inspired and blue inspired fabric.

      As for the meeses: I will soon get back to it. I actually quite miss it. First it will be the humongously big one I think.

      Delete
  6. Sounds likeFUNS Aunty Mara....ENJOY!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're going to have some good fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. Show, wreathe, visitors. Brilliant!

      Delete
  8. Believe it or not I was just thinking of Antrim, just before I clicked on this. Except our Antrim is a truck stop restaurant that is said to have good breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Festival sounds like fun. Enjoy! Also have a nice time at the play and with your parents.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!