Tuesday 28 August 2018

A bit of everything

Breakfast on board
Well, whatever the summer was like wherever you live, over here in Northern Ireland I think it's over. Temperatures are dropping and I am about to put the heating on. If I were ever home long enough that is! And since my hours have not diminished (am on 58+ hours a week now) and I have so far not found another job with fewer hours, a cardigan will do as well to keep me warm. 

You may have heard/seen that the Pope was in Ireland this past weekend, which meant it was really busy at work. Mind you, I only did the Glasgow runs, so I was fine traffic wise. Talking of the Glasgow run: yesterday I did the late one and as I looked around while driving, I noticed a yellow sheep. And then I saw that the whole herd was yellow! It was quite funny to see. Especially since in the next field they were all their regular colour! We figured the sheep had just been dipped*, hence the colour. Nothing to do with a farmer with too much time on his hands. 

Lunch or dinner on board
Where I did work a lot last week (72 hours), this week will see me relaxing a bit more. Later today I have a relatively short trip. I don't know yet what tomorrow will bring, but Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I am off. Thursday night my sister and I will attend a 'Little Women' musical and during the weekend she and I will go to the Spinning Yarn festival. 

That's it for me. Still tired, still lonely, still thinking of greener pastures, but otherwise okay. 

*Farmers will dip their sheep in a liquid mixture of insecticide and fungicide to protect their sheep from infestation against external parasites such as itch mite, blow-fly, ticks and lice.

13 comments:

  1. Musical en naar een festival...Wat een gezellige en leuke vooruitzichten! Heel veel plezier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAked beans, fried eggs and sausage looks absolutely delicious.
    Not something I ever had all together but I love each separately!! Summer returned here mid 90's F for the next 3 days or so and humid. At least there aren't 10 or 12 days in a row predicted any more.
    Hugs and good luck with the job search
    Cecilia and Madi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are getting a little time off to have fun with your sister. I'm looking forward to see how much yarn you find at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    I too await the 'yarn' about the yarns! I did wonder if the Pope's visit would increase things for you - I imagine a fair few Glaswegians would make the trip, it being the epicentre of Catholicism in Scotland.

    Right, I won't linger... Bake Off is about to start!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I had to work, I recorded it. Going to watch it now!

      Delete
  5. Sorry you have to work so much lately. Thanks for the food pictures. It looks very yummy indeed! You can send some of that cool weather to us in WNY. It's like an oven here today!

    If you think yellow sheep are funny looking, just wait until early spring when they start to get fluorescent colored patches on their back ends. The last time ghostwriter was in the UK, she wondered about that. She was told that's how the farmer knew which ram mated with which ewe. OK! Too much information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am quite used to those! They use them in Norway and the Netherlands as well.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear life is still moving at such a hectic pace. make the most of your limited time off this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already enjoying it hugely! Two days off now, one day at work and another two days off. Bliss!!!

      Delete
  7. So glad you are going to have some time off soon to relax, have a wonderful time at the festival this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you are eating properly! Maybe find a knitting club to find some friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to, but most of the time I am at work! But hopefully soon it will become a bit more regular and then I might be able to plan something a bit better.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!