Thursday 12 February 2015

The kitchen

Did I ever tell you where I live? This little wooden cottage in the Norwegian country side? Where I have occasional electricity problems, water problems, sewage problems and heat problems? No?? How negligent of me! 

The kitchen is old. I have had to screw the drawer so it wouldn't fall apart every time I opened it. Some of the doors of the cabinets had a tendency to come off completely, but I managed to get that sorted. The space is big enough for a decent kitchen, yet that's the last thing I would call it! Decent that is. But...

Change is afoot. On Monday I got a phonecall from the landlady (concerning something else) and after we had sorted that something else, she continued with 'Can I come over next week and take some measurements, since we want to install a new kitchen?' 

Of course she can! Gladly!! And she will get water samples as well. Good thing. Good thing. Something to look forward to... 

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...I RECOGNISE THAT SINK!!!...

    thoughts race - either your landlady is like the one I had for several years in Sydney, who is so very very glad to have a decent tenant that you will now benefit by getting some return on the rent (ie the new kitchen)...

    ...or the place is going on the market... which I have also experienced. Admittedly I was offered first refusal which is also good...

    Either way, it seems the house and you have timed your surgeries nicely! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is super exciting, nothing better than a new kitchen! Hope your doing well. Your in my thoughts and prayers......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not your sink! That is one that YAM fell in love with when you visited her! Hope are home now and on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!