Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas

I broke with tradition this year. I didn't spend Christmas on my own watching dvd's and films on television and enjoying every minute of it. I spent it with my parents and my sister on Christmas Day and with them and my brother and his family on Boxing Day.

I cooked dinner with my sister without a turkey or any other bird in sight. I got a few lovely presents, not too many: we don't really do presents. I went to the theater and saw Alice in Wonderland with my sister and father and brother and sister-in-law and nephew and niece. I took my niece to bed, but couldn't find Horse. I saw a lot of Christmas films, including a few I didn't know.

However, I forgot to take my camera and neither my sister nor my father took theirs out. So, no photos of the fantastic mustard soup (I will put up the recipe tomorrow) or the dessert which partly failed, but still tasted yummy. Sorry.

7 comments:

  1. It's good to get to see relatives, isn't it? And I hope Horse finally made an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your "traditional" Christmas certainly sounds restful, and I know you work hard, but I'm glad you spent the time with your family this year. One thing we don't want to have in our lives is regret.
    Luv, K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you broke your tradition.
    I think spending Christmas with family it important. Sounds like you had a pretty good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mustard soup?
    cant wait to see the recipe!
    Im glad you got to be with family.
    got your card today and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a good Christmas. Looking forward to the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mosterdsoep! Yes, do send the recipe. I think it is a typical Dutch thing, isn't it?

    Glad you didn't spend Christmas by your lonely self!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great picture of you....glad to hear you had a good christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!