Thursday 16 December 2010

Can anyone turn the shower on?

I was sixteen when I went to London the very first time. I think it was also the first time I was ever away from home and not staying with family. The coach picked us up from school and drove us to the port of Zeebrugge in Belgium, where we found out we had missed the ferry. Some miscommunication about summer/winter time and/or European/British time. Anyway, we finally caught the ferry (Herald of Free Enterprise I think it was called) and made our way over to England.

After we finally arrived (after midnight) at our hotel, I had to share the room with three other girls. I had never met any of them, but we settled in quite nicely. The hotel we stayed in was no Hilton, so bathroom facilities were mostly in the hallway. However, we did have a lone-standing shower cubicle and a sink in our room. So, what to do when you are with 57 teens in a hotel? You try how many of those 57 actually will fit in that one little shower cubicle!

Well, out of those 57, 50 had to look on as 7 of us squeezed ourselves, amidst much laughter, in to the cubicle. And yes, I am in there as well: I am the one in yellow!

8 comments:

  1. Bathrooms in the hallway certainly wouldn't be very private. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! 50 went in but did 50 c0me out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! I love teen hijinks- as long as they aren't damaging anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mara, you are full of surprises!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I'd hat to have been that girl on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love this pictures, so typical of teens. You have had some great times haven't you?

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!