Friday 28 May 2010

Putting my foot wrong!

I get in and out of buses and coaches about ten times a day. Sometimes less, sometimes waaayyy more! And you would think I would have gotten used to getting on and off. Wouldn't you? Today it showed I hadn't.

After I had hoovered my coach, I had to get off and start on my colleague's coach. As I took my last step down, my ankle got twisted and I fell. My colleague wasn't looking (he was washing the windscreen) and there I was: flat on the floor! Finally my colleague turned around and saw me. And you will never guess what he said: why didn't you say something!

Anyway, both my ankles hurt, but my left just that bit more (I've sprained it in the past as well) and my knee is a bit scraped. The dangers of the bus!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your ankle, hopefully you will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I could do that -- easily. Seriously, hope it's not too bad. Sprains can be terrible. I know that from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing. Hope it feels better soon. Gee I am posting about my sore toe tomorrow and you surely have beat me on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself Mara - good excuse to do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, no dancing for you this weekend. Hope it feels better soon. Sure nothing is broken? Keep your feet up as much as possible. Poor you. Where is that strong hunky Canadian guy when you need him?!

    WV: valka

    ReplyDelete
  7. So your ankle isn't broken? But a sprained ankle is sometimes even worse! I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!