Monday 17 September 2018

They're here.

Surfing in Portrush
On Saturday I picked up my parents from the airport and drove them home. When we got there, my sister was already waiting and helped get all the groceries upstairs. For the rest of the day we didn't do much. A bit of telly, we chatted and that was it.

On Sunday morning we made our way to a reasonably local car boot sale. There were also plenty of stands selling new stuff (usually much cheaper than in the regular shops), but in the end, none of us came away with anything. Tempted yes, but not to the extent of actually buying it.

Part of Portrush beach
And then today (Monday) I had to go up north anyway to get my driver's card sorted. First it was a no: couldn't be done, which would mean I couldn't drive at all. In which case I would have moved back to the Netherlands before the month was out. Then they realised that there might be a way to get it sorted and half an hour later, with yet another form filled out, I was good to go. The extremely helpful person would deal with my application today and then get it sorted and the card should be here some time this week (fingers crossed).

He: lovely temperature here
She: I am freezing!
Because it had taken nearly an hour, in which my parents and sister had been waiting in the car, we decided our first port of call after that was somewhere to get some coffee and perhaps something to eat. We got waylaid a bit by a supermarket (Lidl) in which I found so many things that I love, I will have to go back to the more local one very soon! But, then it was time for coffee!

Those hexagonal stones come from nearby 'The Giant's Causeway'
After our coffee it was time to do some sightseeing and in the end we landed at Castle Dunluce. It was ruined in the 17th century already, but it is still in an absolutely spectacular position right on the coast. We spent about an hour there before heading home. 

Castle Dunluce ruins
Tonight will be a birthday dinner (my sister's tomorrow) away from home. Tomorrow more plans have been made and after that: who knows?

8 comments:

  1. What a great spot — the castle, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Sounds like good family stuff... not counting the driver's card fiasco. Glad it is getting sorted. Enjoy the "whateva"! YAM xx (still in Edin...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful is that coastline???? I’m even more upset now that we are going to miss it. Enjoy your time with your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your sister! Sounds like a good day and I'm glad arrived safely. Enjoy your time with them. (I know it is already over but you know I mean well)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you are enjoying having time with your folks. Most couples share your folks disagreement, he is just right, she is cold! Cool new header from your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were all freezing, even my sister was a bit cold. My dad however, seemed to think it was high summer!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!