Instead of the usual prompt for the Spin Cycle, this time there were a lot of questions (well 10) to answer. And where I don't always find the inspiration to follow the prompt, answering questions is something I do do! So here goes:
1. What do you love the most about blogging?
Oh wow, where to start. I think the best thing about blogging is the people you meet. They might only be in cyberspace, but on occasion they cross over! And I haven't been disappointed yet. This year I met Yamini and I had a wonderful week being her guest in Scotland.
2. How do you find the time to keep up with all the aspects related to blogging (posting, reading, commenting, responding, etc)?
I don't always unfortunately. But I am very happy to put off housework if that will get me to the posting, reading etc. No qualms about that at all!!
3. Does your family know about your blog and does this affect what you blog about?
They do and it does affect what I blog about. Mind you, not very much, since I will blog about anything anyway. If it is important I will make sure of telling my parents or whoever is involved first though and some things I will tell the people I feel are important to me, but will not blog about. I think what affects my blog more is my job. Having learned from experience that it is sometimes wise not to blog about everything!
4. If you didn’t blog, what would you be doing with that time?
Not blog? Wow, even though I have been a lazy blogger of late, I can't imagine not blogging at all. Nope, not at all!
5. Have you been in a blogging rut and how did you pull yourself out of it?
Oh yes, the last few months have been a bit of a blogging rut. I just decided to start posting again. People are interested in what I write, so I might as well. Doing prompts also helps a lot, that way you are forced even if you are not quite out of the rut yet. So thank you Spin Cycle! And of course there is also Oswin!
6. Have you ever considered leaving the blogging world and why? What stopped you?
No, never considered. I love to blog. I want to write and since I am good at writing my blog...
7. Show some blog love: Name another blog that you adore.
Are you really asking me to name favourites? Really? Well, if you must know: this blog is a great one. It's not really a blog anymore, but the person behind it always shows great photos of his trips to Norway and other places. I wouldn't mind getting some photography lessons of him!
8. What’s your favorite social media outlet for sharing your blog posts?
Ehm, did I ever mention anywhere that I am quite a digilliterate? So, I don't quite get this question. Sorry.
9. What’s one thing you’ve learned about yourself since you started blogging?
That I blog like I talk. And that blogging takes tension away from me. Not having a sounding board at home to complain to when things go awry at work or elsewhere in my life, my blog takes on that role.
10. Any new blogging plans or ideas for the new year?
No, no real new plans or ideas. Just to continue blogging, either with help from prompts or by what happens in my life. And you are welcome to come and join my life!!
This post is prompted by Spin Cycle. Thank you Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie.