Tuesday 10 July 2012

The difference

Pigs take powernaps too!
What a difference a day makes. On Sunday night I made my way to bed at 8.30pm, I never expected to sleep, but I was fortunate enough that I did. So, when my alarm went off at 1.30am, I was quite awake and refreshed.

By 2.30 I was ready to go and started driving. I met up with my colleague and together we made our way to our starting point. We were nice and early, but it didn't take long before the first people started to arrive. We left a little late, but managed to get to our finishing point in time anyway, where our two colleagues were already waiting to continue the journey. And since the colleague I had driven with hadn't been to bed at all and I had, I drove back.

By the time I finally made it home though, I was starting to feel the effects of such a weird night and I actually took a little nap on the couch (well, an hour and a half). After which I was much refreshed and was able to continue the day.

This morning I didn't have to start so early, but I did have to work late tonight and didn't make it home until 11.30pm. And people wonder I occasionally get ill! Tomorrow I can also start fairly late, but I will finish quite early, traffic and weather permitting.

3 comments:

  1. I never awaken feeling refreshed and ready to go. I always wake up in pain, and more or less grumpy.
    I do understand how your job takes a toll on your health, however. "Killer hours" we would call it.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are killer hours, but you seem to be handing it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine it is hard on the body to keep up with changing schedule times!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!