Wednesday 9 February 2022

Tuesday's Travels 22-06

Did you think I had forgotten? Well, you were right! I did, I had, I was. As in forget, forgotten, forgetful. As I have to tick each day as it's gone by to just keep any semblance of knowing what day it is, I hope you will forgive me. Back to the 'game' then. Last week's challenge was for some easier than for others, but as several of you so rightly said: it was Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock) near Stavanger in Norway. Bettina, Gera, Harm and Gerrit get a point each.
My own story? Well, Bettina said it was easy, but I can tell you that it very much wasn't! In fact it was my first foray into Norwegian walking and it proved to be very hard. I will leave you with the link to the story I wrote back when I actually walked up it and sat on the edge!

Before getting onto this week's challenge, let me just say I altered the commenting bit again so that no other answers show. So where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week!

11 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    LOL - Hilary and I last night wondered what had happened to the TueTrav blog - so glad to see it was simply a 'senior moment'!!!

    Now, for once I have absolutely no idea where or what this is. It looks to be a cathedral and does look rather Italiate - but that's as good as it comes from me this week. (And I actually like that you cancel comments for this post - adds to the anticipation!) YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried that there hadn't been a post yesterday, I even asked Yamini if she had heard anything from you. I have to ask my Amazon Echo what day it is sometimes.

    Oh my goodness, you do have some adventures. I am glad I read about it a while after it has actually happened as I would have been very worried for you. You were so brave sitting right near the edge. I know I wouldn't have been able to get there.

    I know this weeks, the paintings cannot be mistaken once you have seen them, it the Cathedral in Florence, I hope!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Volgens mij is het de Dom van Florence. In juni 2012 zijn we daar geweest en hebben we zelfs de toren nog beklommen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it the Duomo in Florence. I visited there in I think 2009 with my daughter. We had a fabulous time. I loved Florence. Maybe it isn't Florence at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have no idea where this cathedral is but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a clue but it is a beauty! hugs
    PS a knitted head warmer felt great in the chilly Gulf of Mexico wind. I thought of all the time my Netherlands friend spent in knitting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. De "Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore" in Florence.
    Bezocht op 22 juni 2012.
    Zeer indrukwekkend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful no clue though.
    We saw so many beautiful Churches in Prague and Budapest
    Bryan might know I'll have to ask him.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never used to be afraid of heights until I had kids. Now I would have been terrified on top of that precipice!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!