Tuesday 15 February 2022

Tuesday's Travels 22-07

It was clear from the start that some people knew what last week's photo was all about, although there were also some people who were a bit confused by the commenting, even phoning me to say there was something wrong. No Dad, there wasn't! He did however get the answer right and gets a point, together with Harm, Hilary and Fun60. It was the Duomo in Florence, Italy. 
My story? When I visited Florence I took my trusted camera with me again, but like in Liverpool, the batteries ran out and this is one of the few photos I managed to take before it went black. I could have gotten more batteries, but I was more concerned with getting an ant trap, as I had an ant investation on my coach, as I had parked above their route I guess. I finally had to hose them out in Siena. 

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week!

11 comments:

  1. Volgens mij is dit het Atomium in Brussel. Nog nooit geweest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The atomium in Brussels Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like Brussels and the expo buildings. I know it has another more correct name but for the life of me I cannot remember. I visited Brussels in 2010 on a pre Christmas trip with three other friends. One of the most memorable parts of the trip was the awful hotel where we stayed. It was close to the Eurostar station (I had not booked it) so that made it convenient and cheap. I only checked reviews on trip advisor whilst on the journey to Brussels. I'll never forget one of the comments which perhaps was the best description: If you're a whore or a pimp you will love this hotel. We still have a good laugh about that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Oh I recognise this! It's the old "Expo" place in Brussels. One of the things dad insisted we go see when we did that grand tour in the tiny camper... My best memory of Brussels, though, was the delicious 'original fries'... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Het Atomium in Brussel. Gebouwd voor de wereldtentoonstelling in 1958.
    Bezocht in september 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mara you find and visit the most interesting photo challenges for us. It looks like a giant game of Jacks.
    Hugs to you and Ms. O
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that ant trap does not sound nice at all!! As always I don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Atomium in Brussel, denk ik. Nooit geweest. Wel in de buurt, heb ik vaag in mijn herinnering zitten...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have no idea where that is but it looks like some sort of molecule sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only way I would know what and where the new challenge photo is would be to google it. Which I did. That's cheating. Ha. Good to know about the Duomo in Florence. Hosing out the bus had to be quite the chore. That could be an entire post, I'd bet. klem

    ReplyDelete
  11. No I do not know where this photo was taken. I too would like to hear more about the ants in the bus, so many questions, did they get on the seats? Did they get into the passengers???

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!