Wednesday 24 March 2021

Time flies

The front of the medal
Goodness me, time flies if you are not watching! Unless of course it's our living room clock, which seems to lose more time every day. 

And the back
Nothing much has changed here. Still walking. Still working. Still doing the same stuff I did last time. I did receive my first medal on Monday. Not sure what I had been expecting, but not the beautiful, intricate and heavy medal I got. I can't wait to get the next one, which is on its way as I write (Pyramids of Giza).

Another back
Last Sunday I went on a walk with my Dad. It was a great walk, which from a shoe point of view went perfectly. The area was great as well, and I even saw two 'nisser' or Scandinavian gnomes. Well, I say saw, but everybody knows that you cannot see them as they disappear into thin air then. So, these must have been faithful representations of them. 

A yellow-hatted nisse
Oh, my Dad got his call-up to get vaccinated. He will be stung in April. My Mum still has to wait and there is no telling when it's going to be my turn. Not even having a vital profession helps in that case...

I have also started reading a bit again. I have been hopelessly neglectful over the past few months and not even being a member of a book club helped in that. One book I never even started and another I did start, but it was Norwegian crime that I didn't read then and now realise why I didn't. Not my style or type at all. 

A toad crossing.
It goes underneath the road and saves toads
from getting run over during their trek back to mating grounds
I have started now again, also helped by the fact that it is my turn to host next time: A Robot in the Garden. A book that I read on the recommendation of Dorothy Jayne (Tiny Toadstool Cottage). A bit of a slow start, but once it got going...

That's it for now, hopefully I will have more to tell you next time. Or at least show you some nice photos...

Most photos taken during the walk with my Dad

12 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Your walking photos are definitely worth blogging about, Mara - lovely to see! I have got sooo many books backed up to read, but I spend too much time writing - and thinking about writing - then viewing - that the reading tends to get passed over eacy day. I need more discipline! Continue to stay safe and well my friend! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pee ess - despite muttering to myself all the way to the bottom, I still managed to post that comment without saying WOW to that lovely medal! It's a serious token and here's to a growing collection!!! Yxx

      Delete
    2. It really was wow when I received it as well. Heavy and full of detail. Really worth the money I spent on it (part of the money is also spent to plant five trees for each virtual walk as well).

      Delete
  2. Photos should be better soon as the world greens-up,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful walks Mara and sights and critters you saw.
    I love your header
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed going along on your walk. That little gnome is so cute and that medal is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful medal! Love the toad crossing. Glad you are walking and that your dad joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're certainly keeping busy in these uncertain times. Congrats on the medal!

    I liked the toad crossing. I always hate to think about running over frogs and toads this time of year as I drive home after work at night. I heard the spring peepers for the first time tonight, so I'm sure they'll be hopping around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very impressive medal, well worth all the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought: What if I only get a flimsy thing, but it was really nice and chunky.

      Delete
  8. I read 3 or 4 books last week. Reading that many back to back I realized was causing me to look for the wrong characters in the different series. Ha. Old person's mind. Love your walking stories and photos. Surely glad your dad's shoes held together for this walk. klem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the toad crossing and all your walking photos! klem

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!