Monday 15 February 2021

Walking with my Dad

Oh yes, I have been walking through the snow during the past week and on one day I even managed to get my Dad to come along as well. He found his old walking boots and off we went. 

For some reason though, we both knew early on, it wasn't going to be the long walk we were both ready for. Mainly because his shoes were falling apart. Literally. The sole was coming loose from one shoe and after about 1,5 km, it was off completely. Leaving my Dad to walk on one proper shoe and one without the sole. 

Well, I say one proper shoe, but that one as well was starting to come apart. It turns out, the last time my Dad had used those shoes was about five years ago... Not the best treatment, so once home, the laces were removed and the shoes thrown out.

The area we walked in, was an area in which I have walked a lot during this past week. What with driving conditions as they are/were and me not wanting to get stuck somewhere strange, this area was perfect. You can follow set routes, which I did partly, or you can just follow your own fancy, which I mostly did.

Walking with my Dad however was nice. Definitely something to repeat. As long as his shoes are in good working order!

7 comments:

  1. A few years ago, Sue had her boots fall apart.

    I once had shoes explode one day at work. I had liked them but then forgot about them until I rediscovered them in the basement. They didn't make it through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Crikey - did that mean cold and wet footsies for papa??? Or was there enough base to get back safely? Walk with dad would surely have been precious so I hope there are more to come soon. With working shoes. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were proper hiking boots and were sturdily made. He didn't complain of cold feet in any case!

      Delete
  3. Your dad's feet must have been cold walking like that. We hope he gets some new shoes soon so you can enjoy another walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that's something about his boots!!! Glad you enjoyed walking with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a chilling surprise! I know I enjoy spending time with our son so I am sure you dad enjoyed time with you! Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually when we do things, we do things together as a family unit (so, including my Mum), so it was good to be out with just my Dad for a change.
      I do things with my Mum only though: a garden center, shopping, a butterfly garden.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!