Monday 22 February 2021

The creatures I meet

On Saturday I did another walk. I knew I had to follow the purple (or red) signs for the 9 km route. So, I did and was back within 2 km. I should have followed the green route. So, I did and it was only 7 km. But, in total it was just over 9 so I was happy.

On my walk I saw many different birds and other assorted animals. One of them you met yesterday: the pig. He was in a pen with a mate, but the mate didn't want to turn around to get his or her photo taken. Gone is being known throughout the world!

I finally managed to get some of those smaller birds that continually elude me. I got a lovely sparrow and a great tit. I also managed to capture a very odd bird indeed. Mind you, that one did stay still at least!

But, I think my greatest ones were of the birds of prey. I managed to capture several different ones, although I am only showing you one of them now. The first one where he is sitting on a fence post and the second one in flight.

Another reason to keep walking with my camera in hand.

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well captured my friend! I do believe that to be a kestrel. As for the chap up top... a two-canner perhaps??? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would very well be possible. There are several species flying around here.

      Delete
  2. How exciting to photograph those birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute bird sculpture. You did well capturing the kestrel, especially the flight shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Great shots. It's fun to see things along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed with the bird in flight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I was happy with how he came out. Usually they are all blurry, but I am slowly learning a teensy tiny bit of my camera.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures, looks like it was a nice day for a walk!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!