Wednesday 13 January 2021

Friends

To Preikestolen with one of my friends
As you may know I spent a few years living and working in Norway. The first few months were hard and I did lose weight as I didn't know what was good to eat and what wasn't. Once I had found out, the weight came back. 

However, it wasn't until my sister came for the second or third time that I learned about the great Bamsemums. Basically chocolate covered marshmallows in the shape of teddy bears. She loved them and soon got me hooked. Not too often, but on occasion I could eat a whole bag of them.

I bite the head off first!
Fast forward to last year. As my sister could not come and see us for the third time in a row, we decided to get her a December box. Basically an advent calendar that went on until December 31st. Containing lots of useful things like hankies, chocolates, ginger nuts, pens and several other things. Accompanied by short badly written poems.

There was however one thing I needed my Norwegian friends for: Bamsemums. So, I put out a plea to them and within ten minutes one of my friends had promised to send some. Half of which I duly sent on to my sister. 

Then yesterday a package arrived. Containing clothes that I had ordered. In a smaller size as I am losing weight you see. But next to that package was another one. Huh? Oh, it was from Norway! 

Yummmmmmmm
My friends and former colleagues in Norway had pooled together and bought lots of different Norwegian chocolate, including several more bags of Bamsemums. The chocolate is great, the friends even better!

And as my mum said: the clothes will keep! 

7 comments:

  1. Do you wish that you had stayed in Norway, or at least have stayed longer and not gone to Ireland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love chocolate...such temptation right at your weight loss program. But I think when dieting it is better not to deny yourself but somehow learn moderation. Maybe you can freeze the candy take out a bit at a time.

    Ohh I had my annual eye exam last week. My ins. allows for new glasses/frames every two years. This was the year. Since I wear a mask when away from home, I have not been using any foundation or blush. I decided to go with a pop of color with my glasses. I hope they will be ready this week. Oh and I also added blue light protection to lens since I use my Kindle and iPad a lot
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bears sound yummy. Maybe just don't eat a bag in one sitting and those clothes will fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome gift you received. That was so sweet. I haven't had a chocolate covered marshmallow in awhile but I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been remiss in visiting you here. All those candies look extra yummy as I am attempting to really watch the caloric intake. Ugh. hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!