Friday 29 September 2017

Another outing

Yep, he came along as well!
Even though my head wasn't the best this week, I wanted to go to a certain factory outlet, which was located quite some way away. I asked a friend whether she wanted to come along and yesterday added the fact that she would have to drive (my car) and she said yes. Another friend would have liked to come along as well, but some people have to work and she was one of those some...

Anyway, at 8am I made my way over to my friend's place, where I got out and sat in the passenger seat, while she got comfortable and used to the (Dutch) GPS. Which sent us the long way around, so we didn't listen anyway. Once we got to Stavanger, she wanted to show me something else as well (come back on Sunday to find out) and after we had done with that, we went on our way to our original plan. 

The garments I want to make
We arrived, we saw, we ogled, we deliberated, we picked, we chose, we changed our minds, we picked something else and in the end we both left with some wool (as someone once said: you can never have enough yarn). I had some free patterns and enough yarn for two garments and my friend had some free patterns and enough yarn for whatever she is planning.

Then we decided to hit a big shopping center. We have two shopping centers here in Haugesund, but they have nothing on the one we went to there: three (or four, or five, I lost count) floors with shops, restaurants, more shops and more restaurants. Our first stop however was a restaurant for a good lunch. After that however: the shops! 

Part of the thick wool haul
And one of the first ones we saw and entered was a rong'un (or rite'un as it was what I would want to own: fabric, yarn, craft stuff)! My friend kept coming up to me with something else that might be of use (grrrr, she was right as well). But they also had some yarn I wanted to make a mouse with. Not just your average mouse, but a big mouse. For those of you who are knitting/crocheting savvy, I use size 3,5 needles for my mice. I will have to use size 30 needles for the big mouse! The sales lady couldn't really help me with the amounts needed either, since she had never had to deal with that. Most people use that wool to make blankets and stuff! 

We weren't finished with that though. In the end I came away from the shopping center with chocolates (mmmm), a DVD (A Man Called Ove), clogs, angel wings, angel hair, a sugar shaker, a silver cloth and the yarn of course. The plan had been to hit Ikea on our way home, but I have to do overtime as it is to pay for the loot...

11 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    oooooohhhh that was a fun trip (apart from the headache)... LOVE that chunky wool, LOVE that poncho-cardi, LOVE the idea of a person-sized mouse (which it must be with those size needles!) Have a restful weekend as you plot the first pattern to attack &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The headache got better as the day wore on, so that was good. The chunky wool is exactly that: chunky. And heavy! Two bags full is a lot for a mouse. I am dreading the amount of filling.

      As for the first pattern to attack: I still have two mice on order plus several others I want to have done, but I am thinking of the poncho-cardi to do first. It's probably the simpler of the two, although 251 stitches sounds like an awful lot!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That was a good craft run! My ghostwriter is not as crafty as she used to be. One of these days she'll take out some of her old creations that she found at Oma's house and take some pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was. That craft shop (the one I loved) was brilliant. My friend kept coming and showing me fantastic stuff I might have use for (I did as well). If we had been in there for half an hour more, I would have come out with another two bags full I think.

      I would love to see your ghostwriter's creations. You could help talk about them!

      Delete
  3. I don't know how you managed to tear yourself away from that craft shop. Sounds as though it gave you lots of ideas and motivation to start on new projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit it wasn't easy. I never really had a look around, I just wandered a bit aimlessly, found the chunky wool and never moved from there! It was my friend who arrived with the all the other things I bought there. Who knows what I would have bought, had I had a proper look!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an awful day ... for a man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good outing. You certainly have some things to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was quite a haul from the craft stores. We can't wait to see your giant mouse and have our paws crossed that you have enough yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are still building up and I am working to continue to thin our my stuff! Want to get down to just one extra storage closet here at the apartment. Would save a few $$ each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but most of the stuff I bought is useful. And will definitely be used. At some point.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!