Tuesday 23 February 2016

Miss Oswin goes knitting?

Miaow

Ever since November Mara has been knitting. Every. Single. Night. First it was the purple cardigan for her sister. Then it was the poncho for her sister. Then it was a heart for her sister. Then it was socks for her dad. Another pair of socks for her dad. A pair of socks for a colleague. Another pair of socks and another and another...

You would think that it would be enough by now, but no, she just keeps on knitting! The thing is though, I don't want to be too far away from that knitting. You never know when there is a thread hanging loose that I need to point out, or a needle that needs adjusting. For some reason though she doesn't want me pointing out the loose threads or adjusting the needles. 

But I do like it when she is knitting. Because she will sit still. Which she normally doesn't. She is always moving about and that is very difficult for the mbc in the wwu. You can't get a proper zzz in or she is shifting position again. When she is knitting however, she sits still. And when she is knitting socks or some other small thing, there is enough room for me on her lap. 

Although first I have to show I am there of course. Mara has warned me that one day she will knit my tail into a sock, but I am too clever, I just turn around at the last moment. But I will lie down eventually and keep an eye on the threads that way. Because I am not only the mbc in the wwu, but the most clever one at that... 

10 comments:

  1. i finks you are being VERY good Oswan 'cos if I was that close to the wool, flappy needles etc I nose what I would be doing....and Mum doesn't appreciate that sort of help!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats do not try to make life easy for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his post. Creative and so descriptive of the nature of cats.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Divine Miss O - not only are you the most beautiful cat in the wide wide universe, but you are undoubtedly the best knit-help one could ever find!!! good work. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell that to Mara, she doesn't believe me!

      Delete
  5. Mol mol at the mental photo of your tail being knitted
    You are funny Ms. Oswin
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome that you can lay on her lap for a long period of time. Mara, how awesome to have such a lovely hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one crafty critter, Ms. Oswin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Although I don't really see the point of socks.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!