Tuesday 2 February 2016

I wonder...

Trevi Fountain, Rome
What ever happened to acid raid? When I was growing up in the 1980's, they were talking about it non-stop. Buildings and statues deteriorating so fast they could turn to dust before you finished saying acid rain. And then.... nothing! Not a single mention for years now! Did it go away? Did it get a different name? What??

Why can't Norwegians be bothered to put a grocery divider between their groceries and mine? Why do I always have to do it? And why are most grocery dividers too large for the belt, so the dividers have to be at an angle so as not to get stuck? 

On our way to Germany
Why does asphalt (or black top apparently) go lighter with age? I have always learnt that when something gets dirty, it goes darker. I would think roads are pretty dirty, so why do they go from black to grey to almost white? 

Why is it so difficult to make one size book? Perhaps two or three sizes, but when I look in my book cases there are so many different sizes, it's annoying. It ruins the look and because some are too large they won't fit properly. While others are so small you might loose them!

Learning how to knit socks. 
Why is it that to like knitting is being perceived as you being old? I have had knitting as a hobby since I was in my early twenties but for some reason people think you must be old if you knit! What's all that about? Have they not heard it's hip to knit? Or in? Fat? Raw? Sick? Or whatever they call it now! Mind you, I just smile and nod and tell them I am "old" and ask them if they want socks! To be paid for of course!

Why is the sky blue? 
Why is it colder up a mountain when you are clearly closer to the sun? 
What on earth is "stofhagel"? I heard it on the Belgian news and literally translated it means dust hail. They have some funny words...
Why does cucumber taste good, but when you blitz it for a smoothie it tastes like the worst thing ever. It's the same thing!!!

I bet Mathilda never wondered about any of it!
Just a few things I wonder about. 

11 comments:

  1. Oh dears, I is finking this might hurts my brain....more puppicinos required before I tackle these problems!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to wonder away because I don't know any answers either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. We have had a white car and two black ones. Black actually shows the dirt more, and dirt is lighter than black. So maybe that explains the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    such are the multifarious musings of Mara... &*> Those are some good questions though...YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just some thoughts going around my head on occasion...

      Delete
  5. Such a curious person! The knitting comment is true here as well. It seems younger people don't make time for knitting like women did years ago. The knitters today are generally older women. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth. Although I am not the only one knitting at work. There are at least two others, one a year older and the other one several years younger.

      Delete
  6. Well aren't you full of questions......

    ReplyDelete
  7. We know the sky is blue due to the refraction of light. And mom was running last week and pondering that asphalt question. She asked dad and they decided that after it is worn a bit the rocks start coming to the surface due to erosion of the other materials and it starts looking grey, the color of the rocks. We thought it sounded logical. As for the other stuff, that's why there's Google! BUTT the bigger question is why it is so +*^%#@ hard to remove soap scum?

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what ? You remind me of my 5 year old grandson who when he opens his mouth asks "why" ? Lol !
    I have no clue why asphalt gets dark or light or why the sky is blue. Anyway here it is rather grey ! (why ???)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these are some good thoughts to ponder. And I agree with Murph and Stanley about why is it so hard to remove soap scum!!
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!