Tuesday 25 March 2014

Getting out

I had a day off today. Because I work this coming weekend I need a day off in the middle of the week and I am quite happy with that actually. And since the weather was absolutely glorious today and I was up early as well, I decided to get out of the house and go on a walk.

It took a bit of time to get out though. I had to read a book (in Norwegian!), I had to have breakfast, take a shower. But finally at a quarter to eleven I got out the door. I walked down the road to the main road and from there to the small nature and wooded area in the vicinity. Since the flowers are blooming so much in my garden (snow drops and crocusses), I had expected to see a lot of colour in the woods, but I was quite disappointed. Nothing colourful at all!

There was however plenty of beauty to look at and take photographs of. Like ice on the pond, shadows, mud. I got back after about two hours, muddy boots and all (note to self: when there is a plank in the middle of mud, use it. Otherwise you might end up ankle deep in mud!). 

I walked around in my garden for a bit, taking photos of this that and a bumblebee and taking a small film. The film is taken from the hill just outside my kitchen window and is a 360 degree take on the surroundings. The dark house you see is the house I live in and the white house is my nearest neighbour. 

8 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful place where you live ! And your new car looks great !
    Spring has moved into Waterloo too and the Japanese cherry trees are blooming in our street ! Spring is a wonderful season !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Yes, this week it does finally seem that the season is on the turn. Sun makes even the mud sparkle, don't you find? I trust you are now driving on an appropriate licence??!! hehehehe. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little red house -- and the spiffy little car next to it. I think it is so ni e to live in your own house without being crowded with neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful surroundings you live in and the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty scenery! You live in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your geography isn't much different than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love where you live. Glad you got out and went for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love walks, especially long rambling ones. I was going to take one, but after I took the pups for their romp around the park it had grown overcast and rainy.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!