Wednesday 23 April 2014

The theme for today

This is honestly how it was served. We were wondering whether they used pliers
to place the onions just so...
We weren't allowed to make anything phallic. Breast shaped would be better. And don't get your fingers down too far or the arse will get a hole. That is what the Irishman told us. He showed it to us as well. 

Pray with the left, atheist with the right. 
But my world, seeing is completely different from doing. I managed to avoid the phallic. I managed to get the breast shape (A cup probably). The fingers didn't get in too deep either. But I also had to keep it centered. Smooth. Not wobbly. 

Me and the teacher hard at work to make something halfdecent!
I managed seven in the end. Bigger and smaller. Some with tulips, others without. One with a hole in its arse, to be plugged by the teacher at some later point. 

Pepperfly was enjoying it a great deal and was really good as well!
I was covered in the white stuff. It was on my face, my hands, my arms. My shoes were covered and even though I had been wearing an apron, my jeans weren't clean anymore. The others didn't look much different, although they had a bit more success than I had had. 

The pots in front are mine. All seven of them. 
After all that hard work, it was time for lunch (see top photo). Delicious. It is good fun to be on holiday in Northern Ireland with my sister and Pepperfly. The pots will be dried for about three to four weeks, after which they will be glazed and fired. My sister will then pick them up and take them to the Netherlands in August. Hopefully!!

7 comments:

  1. How nice for you to be having fun with your sister. Mine doesn't speak to me. She doesn't even speak to our wonderful brothers. But it's her loss.
    Okay, now for the lunch photo. I've never seen food quite like that before. I'm not sure I would want to. LOL
    Some of your seven pots seem to have turned out very well. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product, after they've travelled from Ireland to the Netherlands and, I assume, to Norway.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the plate of food!!!!!
    Looks like you had an awesome time and great company. I think you did a very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Creativity abounds - I object to that plateful. Not for the obvious. But sausages...eeeeuuuuwwwwwww. Even in days of meat eating, I couldn't take to sausages. Strewth, there should be a law against 'em. Especially when they get abused like this!!!! hhehehehehheh. As Kay is, I too look forward to seeing the end products from your efforts. Grown ups version of mud play. Love it. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love sausages and mash. I will want to eat it at least once whenever I go to Ireland or Britain. If I don't I won't be too sad, but I will try to anyway. This abuse was only visible from my friend's side, my side was okay!

      The end products won't be before August! A long time away!!

      Delete
  4. It looks like fun and something that I should never try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you working so very hard. Love the pots, each with so much uniqueness. What was the name of the lunch dish? And you now have marked off things on my bucket list, Ireland and pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sausages and mash for lunch for me and my sister. I would have preferred a few more onions, even though the photo shows plenty of them!!

      Well, I have crossed off one on my list: visit my sister. I had never thought about doing pottery before. I can tell you though: it is very hard work and very dirty work. However we had a great teacher. Very abusive (your sister is doing a lot better than you and so is your friend, you better get your act together), but it was all said in good fun and we took it that way as well.

      Next time it might be glass making!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!