Thursday 17 March 2022

tUESDAY'travels 22-11

good morning everone (or good afternoon, evening). shamefully late trhisv week, my apologies. last week's challenge was a challenge inedeed as only one person got it right; my dad gerrit. it was the dam near Tignes in France. and no, it ism't shakin stevens or elvis. it's  supposed to be hercules! as i said only one person got it right so a point to gerrit.
my story> during the winter of 1991-1992 i lived and worked in tignes and crossed this dam a couple of times. in facrt i think this photo was taken when my parents came to pick me up. 

on to this week's cjhallenge: where is this, have you ever been> tell us your story. answer next week.

9 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    LOL ... of all the dams in the world... WEll done Mara's dad!!!

    Now, this week's has to be Dunluce Castle in NI. Seen on telly and many a tourist image but have not yet seen it with my own eye. A good one to post on ST Pat's day! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could only guess that it is a castle somewhere in Europe because there aren't any castles like that in North America. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dit zijn de ruïnes van Dunluce Castle welke wij samen met Gera en Mara in september 2018 hebben bezocht tijdens de verjaardag van Gera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't recognise this castle but it has the look of a UK heritage site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is a lovely dam. No I don't have a clue on the new photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunmurry Castle in Northern Ireland?
    We definitely need to finish the coastal route next time you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Het is volgens mij, Dunluce Castle.
    Langs gereden in 2016 op weg naar de Giants Causeway in Noord Ierland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read up about the dam now, very interesting. Thanks for letting me find out about it.
    My first thoughts on this weeks photo is that it is Tyenmouth Castle and Priory, a place I want to visit, but on second thoughts I think your caste is bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hercules makes sense for the painting. I am not familiar with that particular castle/fortress that is in ruins. Possibly in Scotland?

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!