Tuesday 1 March 2022

Tuesday's Travels 22-09

I think I can safely say, this was a shoe-in! Everybody knew where and what this was and most of you have been there. So, points go to Debby, Fun60, Gera, Gerrit, Harm, Hilary, Janice, Millie & Walter and Yamini. 
My story? I have seen the Eiffel Tower in Paris only a handful of times. With a finger missing! When I took this photo I was sight-seeing with my sister. My parents were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and the whole family (including brother and his family) were staying not too far from Eurodisney and Paris. My sister and I spent a day looking at the sights of Paris, although we did not really visit any of it. Too much to see, too little time. And as my sister mentioned: it was brass monkeys! 

On to this week's challenge now. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week.

PS: Janice mentioned last week that I might do a trick photo or something, like a replica of something in another place. Well, I could and would, but only if I have been there. So, far I have not been to China, Japan or Las Vegas. So far...

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh that's near where you lived in Norway... Heralds(omething or other - is this where I am allowed to go check?...) Oh yes Heraldshaugen. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are stumped by this week's picture but we can't wait to learn what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful, is it a memorial of some kind? I have no idea where it is I am afriad, but I think I would like to visit as it does look intersting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know where the new one was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been to any of those countries, either. Not even Vegas. Looking forward to finding out where this new place is next week. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Volgens mij is dit Haraldshaugen, een nationaal monument in Haugesund.
    In 2013 hiervan foto's gemaakt bij ons bezoek aan Mara. Met de jaarwisseling 2017/2018 weer bezocht.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dit zijn de "Haraldshaugen" in Haugesund, Noorwegen.
    Bezocht op 28 december 2017.
    We waren in Noorwegen voor het vieren van Kerst en Oud en Nieuw bij jou.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Daar ben ik een paar keer geweest. 😉 Haraldshaugen, Haugesund, Noorwegen.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!