Tuesday 22 March 2022

Tuesday's Travels 22-12

Oh yes, typing two handed again right now, which means it's easier to tell you about last week's challenge. Which was of course (drumroll please) Dunluce Castle in Northern Ireland. Several people of course got points, my sister Gera (who happens to live in NI) not being one of them. However, the following did know: Gerrit, Harm and Yamini. Congratulations.
My story? When I lived in NI myself, my parents came over and on one of the days we went and visited this site. It is of course a ruin, but its location is spectacular as it is right on the North Coast. As my sister said in her comment: it is on one of the main sight see routes and we have done a fair bit of the eastern bit, but have yet to do the bit that goes from Bangor up north.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week.

9 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is itching to make his third trip to Ireland. He wants to drive down (or up?) the east coast tis time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ...okay, this is going to be a bit of guesswork and armchair detective; the latter in that I know you went to Poland and that the previous pope (John Paul??? very poor on those names!) was from Poland... so the guesswork is that this a monument to him in... the capital I guess. (Krakow??? good grief I used to be good at geography...no it's Warsaw isn't it. Struth YAM, withdraw now!!!)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a lovely place to visit.
    I have no clue on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are certainly stumped on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can still see the place in front of my eyes. I think we saw this when we we went to central Europe. Is this Krakow, Poland?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like Pope John Paul, so if it is I would say it is in Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a Pope figure to me. No idea which one or where. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have seen this but then I'm not sure. Is it in Cyprus?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Volgens mij is het paus Johannes Paulus II maar ik weet niet waar.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!