Monday 14 September 2020

National day of migraine

On Saturday it was the national day of migraine here in the Netherlands. Which was very fitting, as I came down with one on Friday. I did work and boy, it was tough. When I got home, I went straight to bed and stayed there for about three hours. 

Once I got down again, I did try some food, but gave it up as a bad job. My stomach seemed to agree, as only half an hour later, it was all in the bowl I had managed to get in time. I did feel a bit better after that though.

Saturday was a bit of up and down really, not the heavy pain of the day before, but still quite wary of food and still over sensitive to sound and light. Earplugs and night glasses (yellow glass that takes away the glare) helped with that. Another visit to my bed in the afternoon was good as well, and after that the pain was reduced to the occasional twinge or flash. 

Another early night however for me, and a nice long sleep. I only woke when Miss O started to dance along to the girls who had mysteriously appeared in my room and danced. 

One thing that did come out of this whole episode though is the fact that I finally broke the magical barrier of 100 kg. Yes, I know most of it is fluid and it will be easily replaced, but I am pleased regardless. Now to keep that up and going...

10 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Ugh... sorry about the miggers... but hoorah for the figures!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures are definitely looking up. Or down, depending how you look at it. I am close to just being obese instead of being morbidly obese now.

      Delete
  2. Migraines sound so bad. Sue gets ones of short duration some mornings, but so far they are not accompanied by other sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the migraine. We've never heard of a national day for them though. It must help raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope you feel better real soon. There's not much that's worse than migraines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really so sorry to hear about your migraine. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Migraines are not a good way to live life. Glad you were able to get it control with rest. Continued good luck with the kg. reduction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. This time rest proved to be of help, other times only large amounts of meds will do.

      Delete
  7. Hope you are feeling much better now. Who knew there was a national day of migraines?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had certainly never heard of it, but then, there are national days for nearly everything now. They will run out of year soon I guess...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!