Wednesday 30 September 2020

Brom finds himself

Coocoo

Remember where we were yesterday? We were having a cup of tea on a terrace, so Mara could catch her breath again and rest a bit. But once the tea was drunk and her breath was back, we went back to the car to go to a Panorama bridge, from where we would have a good view over Winterberg.

The start of the bobsleigh track

We certainly had a good view. Over Winterberg and its surroundings. But there was more to see as next to the bridge was the official Bobsleighing track. It was massive. 

Then there was a ski-lift that just kept bringing people and their bikes up after which they just swooshed down the hill again. I thought it was a bit scary. 

Look closely and you can see them hurtling down

At the end of the bridge there were two ways of getting down. The stairs or a slide. We took the stairs, which was a bit disappointing. I would have loved going down the slide. But once we were down, there was more to see. A nature trail where they explained about what animals and trees lived in the area. 

There was a board that made you match the animal to the tracks (Mara was rubbish at that, only getting one out of four). 

Brombeere is the plural

There was also a board that explained about the fruits of the different bushes and that is where I met myself. Remember, my official name is Brom Beer (beer being the Dutch word for bear). And on one of the boards explaining about fruit, there was a photo of a Brombeer. Which is the German word for Blackberry. If we had known that earlier, we could have had a proper photo of me and my namesakes!

There was plenty more to see on the trail, but I think Mara was happy when the final uphill struggle was over and she could go back (downhill) to the beginning. Where we had dinner. And once dinner was done, we went back to the car and back to the hotel. Our day was over.

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OMB, Brom Beer, how wonderfurs to meet yourself in another guise!!! Being likened to a blackberry- a most delicious fruit - is no bad thing at all. And I too would definitely go the slide... but then again, I am unlikely to have gone up on that bridge; vertigo y'know. Golly, you and Mara surely fitted a lot into that day and it looks absolutely furbyoulush!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing was, by that time I was already quite tired and I wasn't sure I would be able to get up once I got down from the slide as I would most likely land on my backside...

      Delete
  2. What beautiful header and Brom I'm late to the part-ee but I have caught up. You and Mara had a well deserved wonderful AWAY time. She really knows how to have a great mini-vacation
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day you had. Too bad you didn't do the slide. That would have been fun. It looks like Mara treated herself well after such a long day of hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ask Mara if you could slide by yourself? She could have met you at the bottom. No way would I ride a bike down a bobsled chute. Look forward to your next adventure and maybe another super dessert. I had to go get an ice cream cup out of the fridge after seeing that! hugs, jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, nobody was going up who could take me along. And the family that was on the bridge at the same time were way behind and Mara didn't trust the little dog to leave me alone...

      Delete
  5. Wow, that is some slide! I would not go biking down a mountain top either. That dessert looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!