Wednesday 16 September 2020

Away

The last time I had any time off (not Corona-related) was back in December when I visited my sister. Because due to Corona, our holiday in May never happened. And I was really getting to feel that I needed some time away.

Then I saw in my roster that I had a day off, then two days work and then four days off. What if I could get those two days off as well, making a whole week. So I tried. Was told that the second day was most likely fine, but the first might prove problematic. 

Yesterday the first was shown as off. Today the second one as well. YES! A whole week off! What to do though?

Well, remember the voucher I won last year for a two-night stay for two in one of the hotels belonging to Center Parcs? It was still valid and I still had a Corona-voucher as well with some money left on it. 

It took a bit of puzzling on the side of the Belgian lady who answered the phone, but in the end we managed it. The park I wanted to go to for four nights. Two paid for by the won voucher and two by the Corona voucher. Breakfast included. 

I am so looking forward to it!

She's not coming. Brom will be though and I bet he will have plenty to see.
PS: I am going to the Hochsauerland resort close to Winterberg. 

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    wooohooo, look at yoouuu!!! Well done that lass; we look forward to Brom's roving report &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just trying to find things to do and see in and around the area. And hoping that Corona will not throw another spanner in the works!

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful! A vacation is great but a free vacation is even better! Enjoy - you deserve a break!!!! Can not wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not completely free. The second part has ultimately been paid for by myself, but it feels free...

      Delete
  3. That will be very nice for you -- free too, at least for the most part as I am sure you will find things to spend money on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your vacation. We can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for time off and in a very nice place. Enjoy.
    Looking forward to photos.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Sounds like the new workplace is accommodating! Looking forward to Brom's stories. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!