Wednesday 9 September 2020

Karl

I had planned to keep my little red car for a few more years. After all, it worked fine, despite not having a radio that did what I wanted or any of the other mod cons that are associated with cars nowadays. And then some idiot ploughed straight into me with a fair amount of speed. Not only did it hurt my neck, it also seriously hurt my little red car.

The conclusion by the garage was that it would be a total loss: ie the cost of repairing was greater than the worth of the car. The conclusion by the insurance company was that the other party was wholly responsible, it then sent the paperwork off to the other insurance company and I am now waiting for a result of that. Which will most likely come in monetary form.

For me it all means that I am not feeling too safe in my little red car anymore. Yes, it is still perfectly drivable, but it has sustained some injuries that may not be visible, but may well be very detrimental. A new car then. 

This morning me and my parents headed out to our local car dealership (where I bought the red one as well) and had a look around. There was a white one I really liked, but that was way too dear. There was a blue one I liked, but if I were going for a newer one, I might as well go as new as possible and 10 years wasn't that new. 

In the end I settled on Karl. Provided the insurance company comes through shortly and I get the financial arrangement I want, I will soon be the proud new owner of a three year old car!

10 comments:

  1. That would be nice having luck in your misfortune !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karl is most handsome. I have JUST remember this: Years ago (mid 1980's) my brother in law had a red car. That car might as well have been invisible. People backed into it in parking lots,
    pulled out in front of him. You would think Red was easy to see but I now recall the ins. company telling him red cars typically have more accidents. No clue why. LOL
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Hope it all works out. Karl looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    G'day Karl - methinks you will become quite the CARacter!!! Hugs and honks, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the ins. and may it be generous. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, no. Don't think so. Not according to the bloke I spoke to today anyway...

      Delete
  6. Karl looks like a nice car. We hope you get the insurance money soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good car. It'll get you where you're going. Too bad about the accident. Hope you get payment and feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks nice. I hope Karl has a long life with you.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!